PPC’s Practice Aids for Audits of Health Care Entities
PPC’s Practice Aids for Audits of Health Care Entities
The latest addition to our line of Checkpoint Tools solutions
Health care entities cover a wide range of service providers to health care patients, including hospitals, nursing homes, and continuing care retirement communities. Health care entities present auditors with a number of unique issues and risks, and the recent changes in health care reform add to the complexity of auditing those types of entities.
PPC’s Practice Aids for Audits of Health Care Entities provides a complete set of practice aids for audits of investor-owned, nonprofit, or special-purpose governmental health care entities. They address the specific issues and risks encountered in these unique and highly-specialized audits.
If your firm audits health care entities, you need to see what our new PPC’s Practice Aids for Audits of Health Care Entities can do for you. These new Practice Aids can easily be used in conjunction with your PPC audit resources for Single Audit and Yellow Book to meet those audit requirements.
Call 800.431.9025 to learn more or request more information
- These practice aids, which include confirmation and correspondence letters, checklists, and audit programs, are based on the proven PPC audit approach and utilize the practice aid forms and formats that you are familiar with, but they have been specifically tailored for the health care industry.
- Developed by CPAs who have extensive experience auditing health care entities and who understand the unique engagement performance issues you encounter, these Practice Aids are full of practical considerations to alert you to the areas where special considerations are necessary when auditing health care entities.
- The checklists address specific factors to consider and risks that are unique to audits of health care entities.
- The confirmation and correspondence letters (such as the engagement letter, representation letter, and malpractice liability insurance confirmation letter) have all been tailored for auditing health care entities, so you won’t have to spend time addressing how to revise those important communications.
- The audit programs have been extensively revised to focus on audit areas common to health care entities, including patient revenues and receivables, third-party payor settlements, and medical malpractice liabilities. Also included are program steps for auditing revenue related to nursing home or other post-acute care services, home health services, and hospice care services as well as liabilities for continuing care retirement communities advance fees.
- We’ve included a disclosure checklist supplement that addresses all of the additional disclosures related to nonprofit and investor-owned health care entities, and we’ve tailored our standard governmental disclosure checklist to focus only on the disclosures related to a special-purpose governmental health care entity.
► Call 800.431.9025 or complete this form and receive a FREE special report.
PPC’s Practice Aids for Audits of Health Care Entities provides a complete set of practice aids that focus on the specific issues and risks encountered in these highly-specialized audits. The Practice Aids come in an easy-to-use Microsoft Word® and Excel® format, and they also enable audits of health care entities within PPC’s SMART Practice Aids.
PPC’s Practice Aids for Audits of Health Care Entities includes the following sets of practice aids:
- PPC’s Practice Aids for Audits of Health Care Entities (Nonprofit and Investor-owned Entities) provides all of the practice aids you need for auditing nonprofit business-oriented health care entities and investor-owned health care entities.
- PPC’s Practice Aids for Audits of Health Care Entities (Special-purpose Governmental Entities) provides a complete set of practice aids for auditing governmental health care entities that report as special-purpose governments engaged only in business-type activities (that is, whose financial statements are prepared using enterprise fund accounting and reporting).
Already a Customer?
Providing consulting services to health care entities can be challenging due to the constantly evolving nature of the health care industry. PPC’s Guide to Health Care Consulting provides the technical guidance, practical advice, and tools you need to start, develop, and conduct a successful health care consulting practice. Drawing on the proven guidance and practical tools developed by our PPC experts on accounting, consulting, financial planning, practice management, and tax matters, the Guide focuses on considerations unique to health care providers.
PPC’s Guide to Health Care Reform provides a single source of practical easy-to-understand guidance on the key provisions of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act and the Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act of 2010. Additionally, since Congress left much of the implementation to government agencies, it provides ongoing coverage of IRS, DOL, and HHS pronouncements to help you stay abreast of developments and expanded reporting requirements as they unfold.
Standards Tracker is designed to meet the needs of financial reporting professionals who are working under strict time constraints when completing their periodic reports and SEC filings. Standards Tracker streamlines research time by enabling you to organize standard-setting activity and guidance issued by the SEC, FASB, AICPA, COSO, PCAOB, GASB, and IASB into one chart, and review summarized information to see whether that activity has potential impact on your upcoming public filings.