The eSignature feature has been added to the following business modules: 1120, 1065, 1041, 990, 706 and 709. The following forms will be available for electronic signature.
- Engagement Letters
- Section 7216 Consent to Use and Consent to Disclose
- Bank Account Verification
- FinCEN Form 114a, Record of Authorization to Electronically file FBARs
Note: At this time, the IRS does not allow Signature Authorization Forms (8879-B, 8879-C, 8879-EO, 8879-F, 8879-PE and 8879-S) for business returns to be signed using the eSignature feature.
A valid email address is required for the eSignature process. Choose Setup > Client Communications, and enter the default signer’s email address in the Email Address column.
Also, the default signer must enter his/her signer information in the following input screens or windows in UltraTax CS.
- 1065 Partnerships: View > Partner Information > Tax matters partner fields
- 990 Exempt Organizations / Private Foundations: View > Contributor / Officer > Officer Information > Signature Officer checkbox
- 1120 Corporations: General folder > Screen 1120 > Officer first and last name field and General folder > Screen Contact > Officer’s social security number field
- 1041 Estates and Trusts: General folder > Screen 1041 > Trustee information
- 706 Estate tax: Beneficiary folder > Screen Names > Executor fields (Executor who will sign the return)
- 709 Gift tax: General folder > Screen 709 > Donor Information section and/or Spouse Information section
- For more information on enabling the eSignature feature and assembling and transmitting documents, view the following information in our Help & How-To Center: eSignature overview.
- You will incur a nominal, per-envelope fee for each successful completion of an eSignature. For pricing details, see the UltraTax CS: E-Filing, Organizer, and Per-return pricing information PDF.