If a client’s return has fields that display blue chevrons which signify missing data, or if you have added Impromptu To Do items to an input screen for a client, UltraTax CS enables you to e-mail the client a message that lists info needed for you to complete the return.
Note: The Impromptu To Do feature enables you to add “to do” notes to clients’ input screens while processing tax returns. Each to do item is anchored to a specific field on an UltraTax CS input screen and will appear in the To Do tab in the Diagnostic window. To add an impromptu to do note, follow the steps in this Help & How-To article: Entering an impromptu to do item.
You can use the Select Missing Data for Client Email dialog (below) to review missing data and Impromptu To Do items before sending the message. Within the dialog, you can also select the info that you wish to include in an e-mail message to your client.
Follow the steps below to generate an e-mail message with missing items:
- Open a client’s return and choose File > Email re: Missing Data.
Note: If the client does not have missing info or active Impromptu To Do items, you’ll be prompted to open the Missing Tax Return info email message instead of the Select Missing Data for Client Email dialog.
- Review the missing data and Impromptu To Do items listed for the client. You can click the Collapse All and Expand All buttons to view a summary or detailed version of the items.
- Mark the checkbox next to each item that you wish to include in the email message to your client.
- If applicable, mark the Firm, Preparer, Reviewer or Staff checkboxes to send a blind copy of the email message to your firm, a preparer, or a staff member.
- Click the Continue button when you’re ready to send the email message to your client.
Review the related articles below from our Help & How-To Center for more info.