As you prepare and send electronic files this tax season, we encourage you to verify that each file is successfully submitted. In rare cases, we detect errors in an otherwise qualified e-file and – even though the submission process has been completed – the e-file is not transmitted to the taxing authority. When this happens, the e-file status will read: Error – Not Submitted.
Please note: Because the return has not been transmitted, the submission does not count as an IRS rejection for the e-filing perfection period.
We recommend you adjust your settings to receive e-mail notifications. This will ensure that you’re always aware when an error is detected. To begin receiving email notifications, have your GoSystem Tax RS Administrator follow these steps:
- Navigate the GoSystem Tax RS Browser to Administrative Functions.
- Click Firm Configuration.
- Select the E-file Notifications tab.
- Mark the Error Not Submitted checkbox under Status to Trigger Email Notifications.
You can also view returns with an e-file status of Error – Not Submitted in the E-File Status Report. To view this report, follow these steps:
- Navigate the GoSystem Tax RS Browser to Return Processing.
- Click Electronic Filing.
- Click Status Report and set search criteria to either “All Statuses (excluding Ready to Send),” or “Error – Not Submitted.”