If you haven’t already registered on Michigan Treasury Online (MTO) to view your ESA statements, here are some tips. For more helpful tips, register for our complimentary webinar where we’ll discuss the ESA filing changes you should know about.
You need to register on MTO to view your ESA Statement. Each user will need to set up a user ID and password. Eligible claimants and/or their authorized prepares may use MTO. Individual user IDs will be related in the software through a MTO business relationship with Essential State Assessment (ESA). Even if you already use MTO for sales tax or income tax you will set up a separate profile for ESA. Follow the steps below to create a new user profile:
- Access MTO at https://mto.treasury.michigan.gov
- Select the CREATE USER PROFILE button
- Enter required Profile Information and agree to the terms & conditions
- Select the Next button
- Select and enter your Username and Password
- Username guideline – enter last name, first initial, and any 4 number with now space between them.
- Select Confirm
Here are the password rules that must be followed.
- Minimum 8 characters, no more than 30
- Passwords must contain both letters and numbers
- Passwords must be mixed case
- Must include characters from 3 of the following categories
- Upper case letters (A-Z)
- Lower case leters (a-z)
- Numbers (0-9)
- Special characters (!$#%@-^&*_-+=<>)