To celebrate the launch of the new integrated Estimated Payments functionality, we’re featuring the faces behind this revolutionary solution. This week, we’ll get to know Kelly Hodgson, Product Manager, ONESOURCE Income Tax.
Here’s what Kelly had to say:
1. How long have you been with Thomson Reuters and where are you located?
I joined Thomson Reuters twelve years ago and am located in the Carrollton, Texas office.
2. What was the most fun part of developing Estimated Payments?
I have absolutely loved working with the clients. We started out by having meetings with them to determine what their process was today for preparing estimated payments. Our hope was to improve upon this process while providing easy-to-use software that would ultimately shorten the time needed to prepare estimated payments.
3. Coffee or tea?
Definitely tea. Iced and in a big cup. I can only stomach coffee if it is fancy one from Starbucks with all the milk, whip cream, chocolate, but is that really coffee? I think not.
4. If you had the opportunity to make one change in the tax code tomorrow – an extra credit, a disallowed deduction, etc. – what would it be?
Wow, I like this question. If I could change anything, I would make it more appealing to make charitable cash donations. How about we make it a tax credit rather than a itemized deduction? This would encourage everyone to make those desperately needed contributions to our community.
5. Biggest tax newsmaker: Obama, Bloomberg or Buffett?
I am personally intrigued to hear what Buffett has to say. Surely a man that is so successful has some words of wisdom to share with the rest of us.
6. What books are on your night stand?
The Case of the School Ghost. Are there books above a 4th grade reading level? All I know about are the ones I read with my kids.
7. What’s the last movie that you saw (DVD or in the theater)?
I can’t even think of a movie I have seen recently.
8. What college did you attend (in what subject)?
Texas A&M University – Taxation
9. If you weren’t working in the tax profession, what would your dream job be?
As a child, my goal was to be a Gorilla trainer, like Jane Goodall. As I aged, my aspirations changed a bit, but I would now love to be a nutritionist.
Stay tuned for additional information on our developers, as well as more to come on the revolutionary Estimated Payments solution!