- Thomson Reuters Tax & Accounting software and research solutions
- Government software & solutions | Thomson Reuters Tax & Accounting
- KPMG Study | City of Cape Town impact report
KPMG study City of Cape Town impact report
Exploring the benefits of technology for government and society
A study of Thomson Reuters Aumentum in the City of Cape Town, South Africa
KPMG recently released a study investigating ways in which the City of Cape Town has leveraged Thomson Reuters technology in its Valuations Department to enhance its operations, increase productivity and increase data accuracy. The results are telling – including both economic and societal gains – and are documented in this report.
Snapshot of success
The new technology has allowed the City of Cape Town to:
- Reduce turnaround time for valuations by 75% – from 20 days to 5 days.
- Reduce resolution time for objections and appeals from 3 months to a number of days.
- Decrease cost of conducting general valuations from R 54 million in 2006 to R 18.6 million in 2015.
- Reduce number of staff supporting general valuations from 407 in 2006 to 176 in 2015.
- Decrease total number of errors by 27% from 2012 to 2014.
- Reduce objections 46% from 2006 to 2012 and appeals 33% from 2009 to 2012.