Products & Services/
Unique time-saving tools to speed you through your workflow
Checkpoint rolls out the tools you need to get your work done faster.
Taking advantage of the latest technology, we’ve developed an extensive list of custom tools that speed up critical tax, accounting, audit, finance and trade functions, so you can get your work done faster than ever before.
Specifically designed for audit and accounting firms, Checkpoint Tools are a series of products that can help you ensure quality and consistency, improve your tax or accounting workflow and perform engagements with maximum productivity and profitability. Checkpoint Tools include PPC’s Practice Aids™, PPC’s SMART Practice Aids®, PPC’s Workpapers™, PPC’s Interactive Disclosure Libraries™ and PPC’s Engagement Letter Generator™.
Additional tools exclusively found on Checkpoint
You can take advantage of more innovative and exclusive online tools found only on Checkpoint. Our Create-a-Charts help you compare tax rulings and laws across states and even countries with just a few clicks. Nexus Assistant helps you quickly review and analyze a nexus profile based on activities in a specific state. Plus, with more than 100 calculators, customizable client letters, interactive checklists and forms – you’ll speed through your research with an enviable collection of tools at your disposal.
Keep on top of the latest developments
Some of our newest tools help you stay informed and advised on the fast-changing world of tax and accounting. For example, Bill Tracker allows you to see if there is pending legislationg pertaining to your search topic, and Citation Tracker notifies you when a document is cited by a new Federal tax case or IRS Ruling/Release. And our Income Tax Developments Wizard lets you monitor current developments and get notifications of court cases, law changes, regulation changes and rulings, within a specified date range, that may affect these positions.
Get access to even more tools
Our industry partners allow access to even more tools through Checkpoint. For example, Global Trade Analyzer is a powerful, integrated HTSUS search/analysis tool with extended integration of related import information. Orbitax Essential International Tax Solutions is tax dashboard that allows you to create charts, checklists and more to manage your global tax requirements. Quickly find available federal, state and local tax incentives for a specific address, jurisdiction, credit type or industry type with the new Credits and Incentives Pinpointer on Checkpoint.
Features & Benefits
Features & Benefits
Visit our e-store to see a full listing of our Interactive Tools available.
- Thomson Reuters Checkpoint brochure
- Checkpoint Advantages brochure
- Checkpoint Tools brochure
- International Trade on Checkpoint brochure
- State and Local Taxation on Checkpoint brochure
- Checkpoint Tools video demo
- International Trade on Checkpoint video demo
- PPC’s SMART Practice Aids video demo
- Using Citation Tracker video demo
- Using Form/Line Finder video demo
Awards & Accolades
Awards & Accolades
SIIA CODiE Awards for Software Excellence
- 2014 Winner in the category Best Consumer Mobile Application (for Checkpoint Pocket Assistant)
- 2013 Finalist in the category Best Solution for Integrating Content into Workflow (for Checkpoint Mobile)
CPA Practice Advisor Readers’ Choice Awards
- 2014 – PPC’s SMART Audit Suite chosen No. 1 in the Audit/Engagement Tools category
- 2012 – Checkpoint chosen No. 1 in the Tax & Accounting Research System category
- 2012 – PPC’s SMART Audit Suite chosen No. 1 in the Audit/Engagement Tools category
- 2012 – PPC’s Business Valuations Specialist chosen No. 1 in the Business Valuation category
- 2011 – Checkpoint chosen No. 1 in the Tax & Accounting Research System category
- 2011 – PPC’s SMART Practice Aids chosen No. 1 in the Audit/Engagement Tools category
- 2011 – PPC’s Business Valuations Specialist chosen No. 1 in the Business Valuation category
CPA Practice Advisor Technology Innovation Awards
- 2014 – Checkpoint Pocket Assistant: Finalist
- 2013 – PPC’s SMART Practice Aids – Compilation and Review: Nominee
- 2013 – Interactive Decision Tools: Nominee
- 2008 – PPC’s SMART Practice aids – Risk Assessment: Winner
Accounting Today’s Top New Products
- Honorable Mention: Tax & Accounting eBooks on Thomson Reuters Proview (eBooks)
- Honorable Mention: Thomson Reuters Checkpoint smartphone version (Mobile category)
- 2012 – Top New Product: Interactive Decision Tools (Research Tools category)
- 2011 – Top New Product: PPC’s SMART Practice Aids – Field Work (Auditing category)
American Business Awards (a.k.a the Stevie Awards):
- 2014 Checkpoint Pocket Assistant: Nominated in the category of New Product or Service of the Year – Software – Financial Management Solution
See more awards Checkpoint has won.
Alongside engagement management systems, many audit firms also rely on specialty tools. This year’s top vote recipients were the SMART Practice Aids from Thomson Reuters.2011 Readers’ Choice Awards
CPA Technology Advisor