Products & Services/
The Guidance You Trust
Featuring industry-leading guidance, CPE courses, and time-saving, customized tools for tax, audit and accounting professionals, our PPC® experts offer many ways to help you bring your clients the highest possible value, quality and consistency.
Relied upon by thousands of firms as the “industry standard,” PPC is the leading national brand for specialized information, guidance and practice aids for accountants, auditors and tax practitioners.
PPC tax compliance Deskbooks and planning guides have been the Gold Standard for over 25 years. The reason is simple: they provide complete and easy-to-understand answers for solving real-life tax return and planning issues. Other tax publishers stop with interpretation and analysis, often leaving you to determine how something should be reported. PPC tax compliance Deskbooks and planning guides take you the rest of the way, bridging the gap between interpreting the tax law and reporting real-life client transactions. PPC’s complete line of tax compliance Deskbooks and planning guides is available on the industry leading online platform, Checkpoint®, from Thomson Reuters.
Accounting firms across the U.S. have trusted the PPC Audit & Accounting guidance, engagement workflow tools, and integrated quality control system for over 30 years. PPC’s complete line of Audit & Accounting guidance and Practice Aids is available on the industry leading online platform, Checkpoint®, from Thomson Reuters. Also, see a list of recently-issued disclosure requirements for disclosure checklist updates.
Thomson Reuters Audit Solutions
- Experienced auditors on staff — over 300 years of combined practice experience.
- Authors are practicing CPAs — some of the most knowledgeable, experienced professionals in the industry.
- Deep industry experience offers practical, “how to” solutions.
- Developed by practitioners, for practitioners.
- Time tested and proven.
- Always current and reliable.
- Overarching QC system provides consistency, efficiency and peace of mind.
- Peer reviewed for over 30 years.
- Used by over 80 percent of the Top 100 U.S. firms and over 90 percent of firms across the U.S.
- Complete research and guidance solutions.
- Extensive breadth and depth of industry experience.
- Latest news and current awareness.
- CPE and Training options (online, in-house, Checkpoint Learning and AuditWatch).
- New streamlined engagements.
- Consistency across engagements.
- Automated engagement processes.
- Tailored solutions for small noncomplex audits.
- Multiple options to meet your firm’s needs.
- Use with any engagement software or integrate for a complete system.
- Apply to any size audit, large or small.
- Advanced technology — desktop, cloud and mobile.
- Dynamic audit process — Checkpoint Tools and SMART Audit Suite.
- Powerful online resource — Checkpoint.
- Leading engagement management — Engagement CS and AdvanceFlow.
PPC’s SMART Practice Aids, part of the Checkpoint Tools suite of products, brings advanced functionality to PPC’s Practice Aids audit and accounting products for all specialized industries. Tens of thousands of auditors nationwide rely on PPC’s SMART Practice Aids for expert-authored content and dynamic automation across an unparalleled breadth of industries, year after year in a way that is unmatched in the auditing industry. These products work alone or with all paperless engagement products and provide exclusive integration with Engagement CS and AdvanceFlow, part of the CS Professional Suite from Thomson Reuters.
Many ﬁrms are facing more competition and pressure to reduce fees, and audits and standards are overly complex and time-consuming to incorporate into ﬁrm processes. Practitioners need to be more efﬁcient in audit planning and execution, without sacriﬁcing quality. PPC’s SMART Practice Aids, the most widely-used solution in the industry, takes the guess-work out of the steps and information needed for you to effectively and conﬁdently serve your clients.
The Tools You Need to Achieve Workflow Success in Your Audit, Accounting and Tax Processes
Ensure quality and consistency, improve your tax or accounting workflow and perform engagements with maximum productivity and profitability with Checkpoint Tools from Thomson Reuters.
Checkpoint Tools are easy-to-use accounting, auditing and tax resources that work with standard Microsoft® Word and Excel or paperless engagement software. Professional tax and accounting firms rely on PPC engagement guidance and tools as a critical part of their workflow.
Featuring the most comprehensive set of resources available for specialized industry engagements, Checkpoint Tools cover accounting, auditing and tax, and include PPC’s SMART Practice Aids®, PPC’s Practice Aids™, PPC’s Workpapers™, PPC’s Interactive Disclosure Libraries™ and more. Use Checkpoint Tools individually or together for a complete end-to-end solution.
Great news. We received a peer review rating of “pass” for our latest peer review, and our peer review report has been formally accepted by the AICPA National Peer Review Committee. The profession-wide scrutiny placed on peer reviews of accounting and auditing materials has increased, and the negative consequences of a deficient peer review are serious. Our dedication to quality contributes both to your engagement effectiveness and firm profitability.