Products & Services /
Your dedicated, on-the-go tax & accounting resource
Get access to the tax and accounting information you need, wherever you go — with Thomson Reuters Checkpoint®, the industry-leading online research solution, now optimized for your mobile devices.
On Your Smart Phone
Easily read the latest news, search, browse and link between documents, all without extensive scrolling or resizing of your screen. Everyone’s favorite Checkpoint capabilities are here, including email, history, folders, flagged documents, and even your own notes.
Simply access Checkpoint from your Apple iPhone® or Android™ device to be automatically directed to our new streamlined mobile version. (You’ll always have the option to view the full site in the traditional format, too.)
See Checkpoint on your smart phone in action in this video demo.
New for your Apple iPhone®
Checkpoint Pocket Assistant — Perform routine tasks from anywhere with this new free iPhone app! Checkpoint Pocket Assistant includes the 2014 Tax Rate Guide (with Federal income, gift and estate tax rates) plus the COLA Profit-Sharing Plans.
Winner of the 2014 SIIA CODiE Awards for Software Excellence: Best Consumer Mobile Application!
Winner of the 2014 People’s Choice Stevie Awards for Favorite New Products (Software-Financial Management category)!
2014 CPA Practice Advisor Innovation Awards Finalist
Additional apps available for purchase on iTunes that work with the Pocket Assistant include:
- Like Kind Exchange Calculator— Quickly determines the realized gain, recognized gain and basis of the like-kind property received for most like-kind exchanges, including exchanges of real estate or property that is held for business or investment. (Available separately at $1.99)
- Minimum Required Distribution Calculator— Compute the minimum required distribution (MRD) amount for a traditional IRA or employer-sponsored defined contribution plan during the original owner’s lifetime. Use this tool to determine the correct distribution amount and protect your clients from unnecessary penalties. (Available separately at $1.99)
- Individual Shared Responsibility Calculator— Estimates the cost of meeting the Affordable Care Act requirements for maintaining minimum essential health insurance coverage, which is effective January 1, 2013. The app helps determine the penalty amount for most scenarios. (Available separately at $2.99)
Visit the Apple App Store now to download.
On Your Tablet
Jump-start your day by catching up with your daily Checkpoint news on your Apple iPad® or other tablet device. Continue the work you’ve begun in the office by linking to your History or reading through documents you’ve flagged previously. Conduct searches, browse the table of contents, organize your favorite documents and more, conveniently with Checkpoint on your iPad.
There’s no need to download an app or software to use Checkpoint on your iPad. Simply log in to Checkpoint as you normally would using your Safari® browser from your tablet device.
See Checkpoint on your tablet in action in this video demo.
Features & Benefits
Features & Benefits
Features for tablet users include:
- Drop-down menus to navigate Checkpoint and icons to navigate within documents.
- Document preview windows.
- Easy-to-read display available by rotating the device from portrait to landscape.
Highlights for smart phone users include:
- Search by citation, table of contents or WG&L dictionary of tax terms.
- Ability to keep current with the latest news articles.
- Ability to view folders, save documents to folders and flag, email and make notes to documents.
Awards & Accolades
Awards & Accolades
Accounting Today’s Top New Products
- 2013 Honorable Mention: Thomson Reuters Checkpoint smartphone version (Mobile category)
SIAA CODiE Awards for Software Excellence
- 2014 Winner in the category Best Consumer Mobile Application (for Checkpoint Pocket Assistant)
- 2013 Finalist in the category Best Solution for Integrating Content into Workflow (for Checkpoint Mobile)
CPA Practice Advisor Technology Innovation Awards
- 2014 Finalist: Checkpoint Pocket Assistant
American Business Awards (a.k.a the Stevie Awards)
- 2014 Checkpoint Pocket Assistant: Winner of Favorite New Products (Software-Financial Management category)
See more awards Checkpoint has won.
Checkpoint for smartphones is terrific. It’s easy to navigate, quick to load, and contains a wide range of primary and editorial content.Deborah A. Murton
Tax Knowledge Services, Ernst & Young LLP