Products & Services/
Checkpoint Online Solutions
Online solutions providing information and analysis to drive your business
Right now, you need answers to your tax
and accounting questions.
Right now, you don’t have time for much else.
Thomson Reuters Checkpoint
When you need all the right information,
Who uses Checkpoint?
All of the Top 100 U.S. CPA Firms, 99 of the Fortune 100 and 97 of the Top 100 U.S. Law Firms trust Checkpoint to help them make the right decisions for their firms and businesses. Find out why.
The Reviews are in…
In the latest review of Thomson Reuters Checkpoint, CPA Practice Advisor once again awarded the highest rating – 5 out of 5 stars!
How can I speed up the process of identifying state filing obligations for tiered pass-through entities?
Tax, accounting, audit, corporate finance, international trade — these complex and constantly changing topics generate equally complex questions, as well as complex workflow and compliance issues. With Thomson Reuters Checkpoint, you’ll be able to quickly and easily find the tools, news and answers you need to get your job done with even greater speed and confidence.
The information you need – when, where and how you need it
Based on years of customer feedback and intelligent innovations from our own experts, we’ve developed a unique solution that works the way you do. Search the way you want to across tax, accounting, finance and trade content you often won’t find anywhere else. See everything related to your topic at a glance – source materials, analysis, tools, news and even online courses. Stay connected on-the-go with Checkpoint on your iPad® or Smartphone. Find the answers you need when you need them and gain deeper insights to be even more effective.
Learn more about the advantages of using Checkpoint.
Learn more about our products and shop at our online store.
Get access to Checkpoint on the go. View our mobile offerings.
Winner of the 2013 SIIA CODiE Award for Best Service Using Aggregated Content, Checkpoint™ World provides the insight needed for multinational corporations outside the U.S. conducting international tax and accounting transactions.
Our Checkpoint online solutions provide tax and accounting professionals with expert guidance in more than a dozen countries.
Gain the knowledge you need, make certification compliance a snap, improve retention and develop your staff, all with Checkpoint Learning.
Improve your tax and accounting workflow with our Checkpoint Tools.
Features & Benefits
Features & Benefits
Use Bill Tracker to easily see if there is a pending legislation pertaining to your search logic, or Citation Tracker to be notified when a document is cited by a new Federal tax case or IRS ruling/release.
Get immediate access to the most up-to-date tax and accounting information through interactive comparison charts featuring links to the controlling authority and detailed explanation paragraphs.
Efficient search tools
Dig deeper into your search with Search Within Results, or schedule searches you may need to run again in the future.
Unparalleled access to history
Link to Prior Regulations and back again to Current Regulations – plus you’ll see not just how a Regulation appeared at the end of the year; you’ll also see each version of the Regulation since it was originally issued.
Search by citation, keyword, index or table of contents: all of these search methods are on one screen for easy access, and word search results are filtered by your subscribed databases.
Table of contents
Use a traditional book format, or go to the Table of Contents to search specific areas to localize you results even further.
Featuring our renowned PPC’s Practice Aids and PPC’s SMART Practice Aids, these tools are just what you need to speed up your tax and accounging processes.
International trade materials from our Boskage, WorldTrade Executive and WG&L experts are now available together, only on Checkpoint.
More product demos:
Thomson Reuters Checkpoint brochure
An overview to provide an introduction to Checkpoint.
Checkpoint Tools brochure
An overview of our Checkpoint Tools products and solutions.
PPC’s SMART Practice Aids brochure
A closer look specifically at our SMART Practice Aids® product line.
An overview of International Trade on Checkpoint brochure
View more Checkpoint brochures and resources.
Awards & Accolades
Awards & Accolades
SIIA CODiE Awards for Software Excellence
- 2016 Finalist in the category Best Content Search and Discovery Solution — Global HS
- 2015 Finalist in the category Best Legal Information Solution — Checkpoint CatalystTM.
- 2015 Finalist in the category Content–Search Technology Solution: Intuitive Search on Thomson Reuters Checkpoint®.
- 2014 Winner in the category Best Consumer Mobile Application (for Checkpoint Pocket Assistant)
- 2013 Finalist in the category Best Solution for Integrating Content into Workflow (for Checkpoint Mobile)
- 2012 Finalist in the category Best Online News Service
- 2009 Finalist in the categories Best Online Government Information Service and Best Solution Integrating Content into Workflow
- 2008 Finalist in the category Best Online Government Information Service
CPA Practice Advisor Readers’ Choice Awards
- 2015 – Finalist: Thomson Reuters Checkpoint Catalyst
- 2015 – Finalist: Thomson Reuters Intuitive Search
- 2015 – PPC’s SMART Audit Suite chosen No. 1 in the Audit/Engagement Tools category
- 2014 – PPC’s SMART Audit Suite chosen No. 1 in the Audit/Engagement Tools category
- 2012 – Checkpoint chosen No. 1 in the Tax & Accounting Research System category
- 2012 – PPC’s SMART Audit Suite chosen No. 1 in the Audit/Engagement Tools category
- 2012 – PPC’s Business Valuations Specialist chosen No. 1 in the Business Valuation category
- 2011 – Checkpoint chosen No. 1 in the Tax & Accounting Research System category
- 2011 – PPC’s SMART Practice Aids chosen No. 1 in the Audit/Engagement Tools category
- 2011 – PPC’s Business Valuations Specialist chosen No. 1 in the Business Valuation category
CPA Practice Advisor Reviews of Professional Tax & Accounting Research Systems
- 2015 – Thomson Reuters Checkpoint – Rated 5 out of 5 stars
Checkpoint has received a 5-Star rating in The CPA Practice Advisor (formerly CPA Technology Advisor)’s annual review of tax research systems for 12 years in a row (2004 – 2015)
CPA Practice Advisor Technology Innovation Awards
- 2014 – Checkpoint Pocket Assistant: Finalist
- 2014 – Credits and Incentives Pinpointer: Nominee
- 2014 – PPC’s SMART Practice Aids – Audit Essential: Nominee
- 2014 – Checkpoint Learning Mobile CPE Courses: Nominee
- 2013 – PPC’s SMART Practice Aids – Compilation and Review: Nominee
- 2013 – Interactive Decision Tools: Nominee
- 2008 – PPC’s SMART Practice aids – Risk Assessment: Winner
American Business Awards (a.k.a the Stevie Awards)
- 2015 Content–Search Technology Solution: Intuitive Search on Thomson Reuters Checkpoint®.
- 2015 Content–Solution for Integrating Content into the Workflow: Checkpoint Catalyst.
- 2014 Checkpoint Pocket Assistant: Winner of Favorite New Products (Software-Financial Management category)
The Tekne Awards honor companies and individuals who have played a significant role in developing new technologies that positively impact the lives and futures of people living around the world.
- 2011 – Checkpoint is Winner in the Technology, Services and Consulting award category
Accounting Today’s Top New Products
- 2015 – Top New Product: Checkpoint Catalyst (Research category)
- Honorable Mention: Tax & Accounting eBooks on Thomson Reuters Proview (eBooks)
- Honorable Mention: Thomson Reuters Checkpoint smartphone version (Mobile category)
- 2012 – Top New Product: Interactive Decision Tools (Research Tools category)
- 2011 – Top New Product: PPC’s SMART Practice Aids – Field Work (Auditing category)
Thomson Reuters Checkpoint provides access to one of the widest ranges of content available.Steven M. Phelan, CPA
CPA Practice Advisor annual review of tax research systems