Few things are more frustrating than learning that a client has hired another firm to do work that you could provide. It’s inconvenient for your client as well, and it could even put the whole account in jeopardy. And in most cases, it’s completely preventable. It happens because your client simply doesn’t know that you offer the service they’re looking for.
Fortunately, the solution is simple; make sure you clients are aware of all the services you offer. Tax season is a great time to do this, since you’ll be in constant contact with your clients. Here are some simple ways to make sure that your clients know about all the services you provide.
- Keep your website updated. Make sure it describes all the services that you offer. You should also make sure your other client communications link back to your website.
- Make sure your firm brochure lists all your services. If you don’t have a brochure, you may want to consider creating one. You can create a single-sheet tri-fold flyer very inexpensively. It’s also important to make sure your brochure gets into the hands of clients. You might try using it as a leave-behind after client meetings or inserting it into other mail that you send to clients.
- Make sure your newsletter contains at least a mention of all your services. It’s also a great idea to include a teaser, or a short article with a link to more information on your website.
- Repurpose your old print advertising.Try framing a copy and placing it in your lobby.
- Consider an open house as a means to thank and inform clients and potential clients.
- Proactively identify the services you want to grow.Then, make sure you talk about those services in meetings with clients. You don’t have to ask them if they’re interested or apply pressure. Just let them know you have the service. They will let you know if they’re interested.
Everyone benefits when you keep your clients informed about the services you offer. It creates opportunities for growth, increases retention, and reinforces the image of your firm.
How do you keep your clients informed about the services you offer? Please share below.