Adding a budget column to financial statements and reports is a convenient way to compare your current balances to those budgeted. And it’s easy to do in Accounting CS by copying an existing column and changing its basis to Budget. Here’s how to do this:
- Open the statement in the Accounting CS Report Designer.
- Right-click on the column header of an existing amount column and select Copy.
- Right-click again and click Paste. You should now have two identical columns next to each other. If you would like to insert a blank column in between them, you can right-click on the column header again and choose Insert Column Left/Right.
- Click the heading for the column that you want to make your budget column and make sure the entire column is highlighted.
- In the Column Properties section in the Design Tools frame on the right-hand side of your screen, click the drop-down for Basis and select Budget. The application pulls in your budget amounts to this column for the period indicated.
We recommend that you use File > Save As to create a new version of the report before making any modifications. This way, you can always restore the predefined version of the report by choosing File > Restore Default.