We’ve made several Affordable Care Act enhancements for your convenience, including:
- An Affordable Care Act tab with an Aggregate Groups section in the Setup > Clients screen. Use this tab to group existing clients and other group members to complete Part IV of Form 1094-C.
- Event tracking for employee information changes and client payroll tax information changes related to Form 1095-C.
- The File > Export > 1095-C Data command to create a Form 1095-C template spreadsheet that includes basic employee information. You can send this spreadsheet to your client to have them add the employees’ 1095-C Part II and Part III information.
- The 1095-C Part II: Offer and Coverage information section, which has been added to the Edit Multiple Employees dialog (accessed from the Setup > Employees screen).
- The ability to use Form 1094-C as a separator page—and, optionally, to print a watermark—from the Print Options–Form 1095-C dialog.
- The Internet filing method for Forms 1094-C and 1095-C—this method is still pending approval with the IRS. You will need to register with the IRS to submit these files. For more information on how to register and upload files, visit the IRS AIR Overview page.
Since its inception, Accounting CS has data shared information from IRS source documents—such as automatic data sharing from Forms W-2 and 1099-MISC into corresponding UltraTax CS taxpayers using the taxpayer’s Tax ID Number (TIN). With the addition of Forms 1094-C and 1095-C to Accounting CS Payroll, any units of Form 1095-C that apply to an individual taxpayer in UltraTax CS will now also import automatically.