Accounting CS Payroll makes it easy to find all of a client’s employees who are below a particular pay rate, then raise their rates to meet a specific minimum. This is useful when a minimum wage rate is increased and you want to change the rates of those employees whose rate does not meet the new minimum requirement.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Choose Setup > Employees and select the appropriate client.
- Click the Edit Multiple Employees link at the bottom of the screen.
- In the Information to Edit pane, mark the Pay Items checkbox, then click Next.
- Right-click in the Employee grid, choose Select All, and then click Next.
- Select a pay item from the Pay Items drop-down list.
- Mark the Rate checkbox in the Information to Edit grid. When you do this, Accounting CS Payroll automatically marks the Calculation Type checkbox and adds the Calculation Type and Rate columns in the Selected Employees grid.
- In the Selected Employees grid, click the Rate column header to sort the selected employees by pay rate, highest to lowest.
- Highlight the rows for all employees whose rate is at or above the new minimum wage amount and then press delete to remove them from the Employees Selected grid, leaving only those employees whose rate is below the new required minimum.
- Back in the Information to Edit grid, click the Ellipsis (…) button in the Rate row.
- In the Rate dialog, click the option to adjust the remaining employees’ rates by a fixed amount or by a percentage, or change them to a new amount (to the new minimum wage, for example). Click OK to save your choice and close the dialog.
- Click Next and then Finish to apply the changes to the selected employee records.