Integration with UltraTax CS:
Accounting CS is designed to streamline your workflow by providing integration with UltraTax CS. You can use the Accounting CS Import dialog in UltraTax CS to retrieve the general ledger account balances from Accounting CS into the client’s tax return in UltraTax CS, reducing the need for manual data entry.
- In UltraTax CS, open the client’s tax return and then choose Utilities > Accounting CS (Import).
- Select the client(s) whose general ledger account balances you want to import by moving them to the Clients to Transfer pane on the right.
- Use the options in the Data to import group box to specify the type of trial balance to retrieve (adjusted or federal tax), whether to import detailed or summary tax code information and the year-end date.
- Click the Import button
- Tax Code Information (Detail vs. Summary): When the Detail option is selected, UltraTax CS imports the balance for every account that is assigned to a tax code and displays it as a separate line item in a statement dialog (or subschedule). When the Summary option is selected, UltraTax CS imports the total amount of the account balances and displays that sum and a description on a single line in the statement dialog.
- Tax codes must be assigned or corrected in Accounting CS. If UltraTax CS finds an invalid tax code while importing balances, it opens a dialog that flags invalid codes with a red indicator. To correct the invalid tax code, open Accounting CS and modify the tax code for the appropriate account. Then return to UltraTax CS and follow the steps above to retrieve the general ledger account balances.
Integration with GoSystem Tax RS:
Accounting CS is designed to streamline your workflow by providing integration with GoSystem Tax RS. You can use the Accounting CS Import dialog in GoSystem Tax RS to pull the general ledger account balances from Accounting CS into the client’s tax return in GoSystem Tax RS, reducing the amount of manual data entry required.
There are two different ways to transfer the balances from Accounting CS to GoSystem Tax RS:
Method 1: Export the account balances from Accounting CS and import the data into GoSystem Tax RS
- In Accounting CS, choose File > Export > Client Data.
- In the Export Client Data wizard, select the client from the drop-down list or mark the Perform batch export of client data checkbox to select multiple clients. You can choose multiple clients on the next screen when this checkbox is marked.
- Select GoSystem Tax RS from the drop-down list in the Export to program field.
- Enter the path or browse to the folder to which you want to export the data. The default data file location for each export type can be defined in the Export Data tab of the Setup > File Locations dialog.
- Select the tax year of the data to be exported from the drop-down list.
- Export the client data.
- For a single client export: Click the Export button to create the export file in XML format for the client, and then view or print the Tax Export Diagnostic report.
- For batch export: Click Next to select multiple clients for batch processing, click the Export button to create the export files in XML format for the selected clients and then view or print the Tax Export Diagnostic report.
- In GoSystem Tax RS, open the client locator and choose Access > Trial Balance.
- From the Trial Balance window, choose File > Import.
- In the Import dialog, select the Audit Package option and the CS Professional Suite option and then click the Import button.
- Specify the path and filename of the XML file that you saved in step 6 above, mark the checkbox for each type of item to import into GoSystem Tax RS and specify the type of balances to import.
- Click the Import button.
Method 2: Perform the Process Directly from GoSystem Tax RS
- Open the client in GoSystem Tax RS and choose File > Import > from Accounting CS.
- In the Creative Solutions Import Wizard, browse to the location of the Accounting CS application files (for example, C:\Program Files\Creative Solutions\Accounting CS or C:\Program Files\Creative Solutions\Workpapers CS).
- In the bottom section of the Creative Solutions Import wizard, highlight the Accounting CS client whose balances you want to import and click Next.
Note: If there are no clients listed in the Creative Solutions Import wizard, verify that the locations of the application files are specified correctly.
- Mark the checkbox for each type of item to import into GoSystem Tax RS.
- Specify the type of balances to import and click Next.
- When the import is complete, click the Finish button.
- When importing amounts for Schedule M-3 in GoSystem Tax RS, balances must be imported as adjusted balances. The amounts for columns B and C are calculated based on the Tax Adjustment journal entries that are entered for the Accounting CS client. If the amounts for columns B and C are incorrect, the import file used by GoSystem Tax RS may need to be updated. To force an update of the file, open the client in Accounting CS and then import again.