Accounting CS enables you to quickly view a list of all transactions related to a specific general ledger account within a specific date range for any client without having to open the Print Reports screen. It’s an easy way to view the underlying debits and credits that roll into an account’s ending balance. Here’s how:
- Open the Enter Transactions screen.
- Choose Actions > View Account Activity.
- The name of the selected client is displayed at the top of the View Account Activity dialog. To select a different client, close this dialog and select the desired client from any of the data entry windows in which you can select a client.
- Select the general ledger account.
- In the Account Activity section, select the date, basis, and journal to filter the number of items displayed in the activity grid.
- When you have finished viewing the desired account activity, click Done.
Note: It is possible to have the View Account Activity feature open on one monitor while previewing a report on a second monitor.