The Populate Clients from UltraTax CS wizard enables you to create new client records and to import client setup information from existing client records in UltraTax CS. Information that can be imported includes client ID, SSN/EIN, name, address, phone numbers, email addresses, year-end date, and entity type. This eliminates the need to create a tax engagement client from scratch in Accounting CS.
Note: You must have UltraTax CS v.2013.3.0 or higher installed on the same machine or server as Accounting CS to use the Populate Clients wizard. Each UltraTax CS client record must include an address and state before you create the client in Accounting CS.
To Create an Export File in UltraTax CS
In the Misc tab of the Help > Repair dialog click the CS Accounting Products option and then click the Populate button to create an export file.
To Populate Clients in Accounting CS
- Open Accounting CS and choose File > Import > Populate Clients from UltraTax CS.
- In the Populate Clients from UltraTax CS wizard, select an entity, then a single client or multiple clients.
- Existing clients with the same ID in both Accounting CS and UltraTax CS are not displayed in the Client Selection screen of the wizard.
- You can sort the client list in the Client Selection screen of the wizard by clicking the column heading buttons.
- You can print an import summary from the last screen of the wizard.
The setup information that is created for the client in Accounting CS is determined by the fields that are populated in UltraTax CS. More information on the Populate Clients feature is available in our Help & How-To Center.