Accounting CS is designed to streamline integration with UltraTax CS. You can use the Accounting CS Import dialog in UltraTax CS to pull the general ledger balances from Accounting CS into the client’s tax return in UltraTax CS, helping you save time on manual data entry.
- In UltraTax CS, open the client’s tax return and then choose Utilities > Accounting CS (Import).
- Select the client(s) whose general ledger balances you want to import and move them to the Clients to Transfer pane on the right.
- Use the fields in the Data to Import group box to specify the retrieval of adjusted trial balance or federal tax trial balance, the year-end date, and whether to import detailed or summary tax code information.
- Click the Import button.
- Tax Code Information (Detail vs. Summary): When the Detail option is marked, UltraTax CS imports the balance for every account that is coded to a tax code and displays it as a separate line item in a statement dialog (or subschedule). When the Summary option is marked, UltraTax CS imports the total amount of the account balances and displays that sum and a description on a single line in the statement dialog.
- Tax codes must be assigned or corrected in Accounting CS. If UltraTax CS finds an invalid tax code while importing balances, a dialog will bring attention to the invalid codes with a red indicator. To correct the invalid tax code, open Accounting CS and modify the tax code for the appropriate account. Then return to UltraTax CS and retrieve the general ledger balances.
GoSystem Tax RS
Accounting CS is designed to streamline integration with GoSystem Tax RS. You can use the Accounting CS Import dialog in GoSystem Tax RS to pull the general ledger balances from Accounting CS into the client’s tax return in GoSystem Tax RS, reducing the need for manual data entry.
There are two different ways to transfer the balances from Accounting CS to GoSystem Tax RS:
Method 1: Export a Chart of Accounts Balance from Accounting CS and Import the Data to GoSystem Tax RS
- Choose File > Export > Client Data.
- In the Export Client Data wizard, select the client from the drop-down list or mark the Perform batch export of client data checkbox to select multiple clients. You can choose multiple clients on the next screen when this checkbox is marked.
- Select GoSystem Tax from the drop-down list in the Export to program field.
- Enter the path or browse to the client data file. The default data file location for each export type can be defined in the Export Data tab of the Setup > File Locations dialog.
- Specify the tax year of the data you need to export by selecting it from the drop-down list.
- For a single client export: Click the Export button to create the export file in XML format for the client, and then view or print the Tax Export Diagnostic report.
- For batch export: Click Next to select multiple clients for batch processing, click the Export button to create the export files in XML format for the selected clients, and then view or print the Tax Export Diagnostic report.
- In GoSystem Tax RS, open the client locator and choose Access > Trial Balance.
- From the Trial Balance window, choose File > Import.
- In the Import dialog, select the Audit Package option and the CS Professional Suite option, then click the Import button.
- Specify the path and filename of the XML file that you saved to the location on your local hard drive in step 6 or 7 above, mark the checkbox for each type of item to import into GoSystem Tax RS, and specify the type of balances to import.
- Click the Import button.
Method 2: Perform the Process Directly from GoSystem Tax RS
- Open the client in GoSystem Tax RS and choose File > Import > from Accounting CS.
- In the Creative Solutions Import Wizard, browse to the location of the Accounting CS application files (for example, C:Program FilesCreative SolutionsAccounting CS or C:Program FilesCreative SolutionsWorkpapers CS).
- At the bottom section of the Creative Solutions Import Wizard, highlight the Accounting CS client whose balances you want to import and click Next.
Note: If there are no clients listed in the Creative Solutions Import Wizard, verify thatthe locations of the application files are specified correctly.
- Mark the checkbox for each type of item to import into GoSystem Tax RS.
- Specify the type of balances to import and click Next.
- When the import is complete, click the Finish button.
- When importing amounts for Schedule M-3 in GoSystem Tax RS, balances must be imported as adjusted balances. The amounts for columns B and C are calculated based on the Tax Adjustment journal entries that are entered for the Accounting CS client.
- If the amounts for columns B and C are incorrect, the import file used by GoSystem Tax RS may need to be updated. To force an update of the file, open the client in Accounting CS, and then import again.