Accounting CS enables you to export chart of accounts balances directly to GoSystem Tax RS, reducing the need for manual data entry. You can either create the export file in Accounting CS and import the file into GoSystem Tax RS, or you can perform the whole process in GoSystem Tax RS.
Method 1: To Export a Chart of Accounts Balance from Accounting CS and Then Import the Data to GoSystem Tax RS
- Choose File > Export > Client Data.
- In the Export Client Data wizard, select the client from the drop-down list or mark the Perform batch export of client data checkbox to select multiple clients. You can choose multiple clients on the next screen when this checkbox is marked.
- Select GoSystem Tax from the drop-down list in the Export to program field.
- Enter the path or browse to the client data file. The default data file location for each export type can be defined in the Export Data tab of the Setup > File Locations dialog.
- Specify the tax year of the data to be exported by selecting it from the drop-down list.
- For a single client export: Click the Export button to create the export file in XML format for the client, and then view or print the Tax Export Diagnostic report.
- For batch export: Click Next to select multiple clients for batch processing, click the Export button to create the export files in XML format for the selected clients, and then view or print the Tax Export Diagnostic report.
- In GoSystem Tax RS, open the client locator and choose Access > Trial Balance.
- From the Trial Balance window, choose File > Import.
- In the Import dialog, select the Audit Package option and the CS Professional Suite option, then click the Import button.
- Specify the path and filename of the XML file that you saved to the location on your local hard drive in step 6 or 7 above, mark the checkbox for each type of item to import into GoSystem Tax RS, and specify the type of balances to import.
- Click the Import button.
Method 2: To Perform the Process Directly from GoSystem Tax RS
- Open the client in GoSystem Tax RS and choose File > Import > from Accounting CS.
- In the Creative Solutions Import Wizard, browse to the location of the Accounting CS application files (for example, C:Program FilesCreative SolutionsAccounting CS or C:Program FilesCreative SolutionsWorkpapers CS).
- In the bottom section of the Creative Solutions Import wizard, highlight the Accounting CS client whose balances you want to import and click Next.
Note: If there are no clients listed in the Creative Solutions Import wizard, verify that the locations of the application files are specified correctly.
- Mark the checkbox for each type of item to import into GoSystem Tax RS.
- Specify the type of balances to import and click Next.
- When the import is complete, click the Finish button.
- Integration with Accounting CS is available with GoSystem Tax RS v.12-2 and higher.
- When importing amounts for Schedule M-3 in GoSystem Tax RS, balances must be imported as adjusted balances. The amounts for columns B and C are calculated based on the Tax Adjustment journal entries that are entered for the Accounting CS client. If the amounts for columns B and C are incorrect, the import file used by GoSystem Tax RS may need to be updated. To force an update of the file, open the client in Accounting CS, and then import again.