Scheduled to become available on August 27, 2013, the next release of Accounting CS includes a variety of enhancements, many of which came directly from Accounting CS Ideas Community suggestions. Here are just a few of the highlights:
Enhancements to All Accounting CS Products
- A smarter Print Reports screen that automatically saves previously selected options, keeping the tree view collapsed or displayed as it was last selected.
- New report filtering options that make it easy to display accounts with no activity and enable you to make segment selections without pulling up the Report Designer.
- Improved performance when printing reports and when navigating between screens within the application.
Enhancements Specific to Accounting CS and Accounting CS Client Access
- The ability to import vendors and customers from a spreadsheet file, reducing manual data entry and making it easier for Client Bookkeeping Solution users to transition to Accounting CS Client Access.
- The ability to quickly set up recurring accounts payable transactions using a convenient template.
- The ability to recalculate and refresh automatic journal entries in the Transaction Templates screen.
- An optional “Transaction date defaults posting period” checkbox option will help ensure that transactions are posted by default to the GL period for which they are dated.
- The ability to close individual periods in the current year, providing you and your clients with more control over prior periods.
- A “do not post” payroll journal entry that will allow payroll operations to be independent of accounting-related services and will not update clients’ GL accounts.
- Removal of the ability to post to a blank GL account.
Enhancements Specific to Accounting CS Payroll
- A new “Complete Payroll Output” option that automates payroll output for multiple clients (checks, reports, and invoices) and allows one-click printing of payment forms when liabilities are paid. We’ve also added a new Complete Payroll Output Monitor dashboard portlet that shows the status of the payroll processes that occur during Complete Payroll Output. The new portlet is available on both the Firm and Staff Dashboards.
- A new “Reprint payroll checks” option that will enable you to reprint an exact copy of an original check in cases where a check is lost, damaged, or does not print correctly due to a printer failure.
- The ability to filter payroll tax forms by “processed” or “unprocessed” status in the Process Payroll Tax Forms view, narrowing the list of available forms to work with.
- The ability to link payroll items for easier updates and maintenance in cases when unique descriptions or separate hours need to be tracked for different jobs or activities.
Users of locally installed versions of Accounting CS products will need to install the new version from a web download or a new CD-ROM. Virtual Office CS and SaaS for CS Professional Suite users will receive the update automatically on the week of August 26.
This is only a partial list of the many enhancements included in the release. An upcoming User Bulletin will include full details on the new enhancements.