The event tracking feature in Accounting CS enables you to monitor selected events that affect your firm database. The details that can be monitored for each event include the date and time the event took place, the name and ID of the staff person who executed the action, the name and ID of the client for which the action was recorded, the action that was taken, and the item that was affected by the action. In some instances, specific details of the changes that have taken place (for example, old values versus new values) are also listed.
How to Enable Event Tracking
Event tracking is enabled by default. To verify that event tracking is enabled, choose Setup > Firm Information > Firm, click the Preferences tab, and verify that the Disable event tracking checkbox is not marked.
- For performance reasons, the application does not display any events in the grid until you select a filter.
- If you disable event tracking, the application does not add any new events to the list, but it does retain the history of events that have already been logged.
How to View Monitored Events
Monitored events are listed in the Events tab of the Setup > Firm Information > Firm screen.
You can reduce the number of events listed in the grid by selecting a filter from the drop-down list above the Event Tracking grid. You can filter by action, client, event date, item, or staff.
When event tracking is enabled, Accounting CS records an event when any of the following actions are taken.
- Client events: Editing or deleting client records in the Setup > Clients screen.
- Employee events: Adding, editing, or deleting employee records in the Setup > Employees screen.
- GL account events: Adding, editing, or deleting accounts in the Setup > Chart of Accounts screen.
- Payroll check events: Adding, suspending, or cancelling a batch of payroll checks in the Actions > Enter Batch Payroll Checks screen.
- Bank events: Adding, editing, or deleting bank information in the Setup > Firm Information > Banks screen.
- Internet/magnetic file events: Creating or deleting Internet/magnetic files in the Actions > Process Internet/Magnetic Files screen and recreating and editing the transmitter information and transmitter records in the Manage Files dialog.
- Electronic form events:Transmitting or deleting electronic forms and editing transmission information in the Actions > Process Electronic Forms screen.