The easy-to-use File Transfer feature in Practice CS lets you securely share documents with your clients. You can send files with the option to request an electronic signature from your client, or you can request that your client send files to you.
- Firm must be licensed for the Practice CS Client Management module and NetFirm CS
- Each staff member who performs file transfers must have a valid NetStaff CS portal
- Create portals automatically when setting up clients
- Send/request files securely and easily
- Receive notifications when files are received and retrieved
- Create temporary portals that will automatically expire after 30 days
- Request signatures and have your clients electronically sign by accepting a document
Creating Portals & Portal Types
You can automatically create three different types of portals in Practice CS or add an existing portal to your Practice CS staff and clients.
- NetStaff CS Portals – Permanent portals associated with members of your firm’s staff
- Permanent NetClient CS Portals – Permanent portals associated with contacts for one or more of your firm’s clients, or for standalone contacts
- Temporary NetClient CS Portals – Use for transactions with miscellaneous contacts such as vendors, banks, attorneys, etc. These portals expire 30 days after they’re created.
To create NetStaff CS portals, refer to our Help & How-To Center topic Adding portals for staff and offices.
To create NetClient CS portals for your clients, refer to our Help & How-To Center topic File transfers overview.
Sending/Requesting Files in Practice CS
Sending files to your clients is an easy process in Practice CS. In the File Transfers tab of the Manage Clients screen, right-click and use the context menu options to send files to your clients and request files from your client or access these options from any screen from the File menu. For more info, refer to our Help & How-To Center topic Practice CS: File Transfer – Process and Procedures.
You can also request a signature electronically. Once you add the document needed for signature, mark the checkbox in the Send Files screen to require a signature. For more info, refer to our Help & How-To Center topic Electronic signatures.
File Transfer Status
You can see file transfer-related events in the File Transfers portlet, as well as the File Transfers tab on the Manage Clients screen. For more info, refer to our Help & How-To Center topic File transfer status.
File Transfers Portlet
You can easily view the status of file transfers through the File Transfers portlet in Practice CS. This portlet is available on the Firm, Staff, and Client Dashboards. For more info, refer to our Help & How-To Center topic File Transfers portlet.
You can choose from a variety of notifications that firm and staff can receive for file transfer-related events. Choose the Firm > Setup > Notifications tab to set up notifications. Notifications include:
- The registration of a new portal
- The completion of a file transfer
- The files provided by a contact are ready to download
- The signing or rejection of a document in a file transfer
- The downloading of a file in a file transfer
For more info, refer to our Help & How-To Center topic File transfers overview.