Data mining is a versatile tool that lets you search your UltraTax CS product databases for clients with specific characteristics. Using data mining, you can identify your client’s tax accounting needs, pinpoint tax savings opportunities, and target your client communications effectively.
Data mining is installed with predefined searches and search criteria so you can easily start searching for clients that have specific characteristics. You can also add custom searches and search criteria to filter clients based on the characteristics you choose.
New: Data Mining Enhancements in UltraTax CS 2013:
- Data Mining Proforma – You can easily proforma custom data mining reports, letters, and searches for both federal and state products. To do so, choose Utilities > Proforma and then select Data Mining from the Clients drop-down selection.
- Backup and Restore – You can backup and restore custom data mining reports, letters, and searches for both federal and state products by office location. To do so, choose File > Backup or Restore and then select Data Mining from the Clients drop-down selection.
Refer to the following related resources for more info on this topic.
- Data Mining overview
- Proforma Data Mining reports, letters, and searches
- Building Data Mining searches
- Data Mining Examples in UltraTax CS (PDF)