UltraTax CS enables you to access targeted guidance and analysis on Checkpoint® from within UltraTax CS input screens and forms, based on your current Checkpoint services subscriptions.
Follow these steps to enable the integration in UltraTax CS 2013:
- In UltraTax CS, choose Setup > User Preferences.
- Click the Research tab, mark the checkboxes for the Checkpoint services to which you subscribe, and then click OK.
- Related Notes and Features
- You can mark any or all of the Checkpoint services checkboxes in UltraTax CS, but access to those services is limited to those for which you have an active subscription.
- If you attempt to access a particular Checkpoint service to which you do not subscribe, you will be prompted with a sales number that you can call to purchase the service.
- Marking the PPC Deskbooks checkbox will enable the PPC button on the UltraTax CS input screens.
- New in 2013 UltraTax CS: You now have access to Quickfinder on ProView via the Research on the Web section of the Home Page or through Help > On the Web. This option is also enabled under Setup > User Preferences >Research.
- To log in to Checkpoint from UltraTax CS, choose Help > On the Web > Checkpoint, enter your Checkpoint username and password, and then click the Research button.
- 2013 UltraTax CS will proforma your username and password from 2012 UltraTax CS, if applicable, and will retain your Checkpoint username and password for future use.
- You can change the default screen that Checkpoint displays when opening by clicking the Options link and selecting a new default screen.
- Available in Mid-January: The annual release of RIA Line Form/Line Finder, which provides direct access to RIA® Tax Research with easy to access menu or right-click options in UltraTax CS. This feature is also enabled under Setup > User Preferences > Research.
For more information on Checkpoint subscription information or product usage, please call Checkpoint sales a t800-950-1216 (extension 1), or call support at 800-431-9025 (option 4).