In 2015 UltraTax CS, you can edit a single client’s transmittal letter, filing instructions and invoice during the print preview process. To print preview the client documents, use one of the following methods.
- Choose File > Print Returns > Preview
- Click the Preview button on the toolbar
- Click the drop-down arrow next to the Forms view button on the toolbar
With the return open in the Print Preview window, select one of the three customizable documents and then click the Edit button in the Preview window toolbar. This will open the document in Microsoft Word, where you can modify the text of the client document.
When you are finished editing the document, save the document and exit Microsoft Word. UltraTax CS automatically refreshes the print preview and displays your changes in the updated client document, so you can continue your review process.
UltraTax CS displays the title of the modified document in red text and the tree pane appears in red.
If you should need the document restored to its original verbiage, click the Restore button and select one of the following options: Default or Default and Edit.
Need More Information?
- For details, see Editing client documents during print preview in our Help & How-To Center.
- To customize client documents on a global setting for all clients, see Customizing client documents in our Help & How-To Center.
- If your documents open in WordPad rather than Microsoft Word, please review our UltraTax CS System Requirements.