UltraTax CS enables you to provide your clients with an e-mail notification when their federal and state (if applicable) e-filed returns and extensions are accepted. Electronic Return and Extension e-mail notifications are now available for the following entities: 1065, 1120, 1120S, 1041, and 990.
Note for Form 5500: This notification feature applies to Form 5500 return e-files and not extensions, as Form 5500 extensions may not be e-filed.
Configuring E-Mail Notifications on a Client-by-Client Basis
To configure an e-mail notification on a client-by-client basis, follow these steps:
- Enter the client’s email address in the Email address field in Screen Contact in the General folder. UltraTax CS will send the acceptance notification to the e-mail address entered in this field.
- Select 1 (Return) or 2 (Return/Extension) in the Email notification when electronic file is accepted by taxing agency field in Screen ELF in the Electronic Filing folder.
Tip: Click the ELF Options button in the Setup > Client Communications dialog to select firm, preparer, reviewer, or staff as the sender (“on behalf of”) of the e-mail notification. You can also mark the appropriate checkbox to send a blind copy (BCC) of the e-mail notification.
For more info on configuring e-mail notifications, including how to accomplish this for multiple clients at a time, view the following articles:
- Configuring e-mail notifications for accepted 1040 e-files
- Configuring e-mail notifications for accepted 1120 / 1120S e-files
- Configuring e-mail notifications for accepted 1065 e-files
- Configuring e-mail notifications for accepted 1041 e-files
- Configuring e-mail notifications for accepted 990 e-files
- Configuring e-mail notifications for accepted 5500 e-files