2014 UltraTax CS provides you with enhanced printing features to help printing functionality.
Prior to 2014 UltraTax CS, the Print Returns dialog was used to print returns, extensions, and input screens. Now each print function is accessed from separate selections under the File menu for easier navigation. The print dialogs now also provide expanded functionality, as seen below.
With this change, the following items can now be printed to Portable Document Format (PDF).
- Preparer copy from the Print Returns dialog
- Extensions from the Print Extensions dialog
- Input Screens from the Print Input Screens dialog
Note: The government copy of the tax return can only be submitted on paper or electronically.
Force Forms to Print
By default, UltraTax CS prints all forms that either contain data or are required for filing the return. You can force forms to print for an open client’s return, regardless of whether the form contains data or is required. To do this, choose Edit > Overrides > Force Form to Print while viewing the form. For 2014 UltraTax CS, a diagnostic message will be generated that indicates when a form has been forced to print in order to better assist in the review of the return.
Printing Preparer, Reviewer, and Staff Reports
The Preparer, Reviewer, and Staff reports can now be exported and/or printed to FileCabinet CS. In addition, all these reports are accessible from one dialog, instead of three different ones. To access the Print Report dialog, choose Setup > Office Configuration. On the Preparer, Reviewers, or Staff tab, click the Report button.
- Refer to the UltraTax CS Platform User Bulletin for more information on printing enhancements. See the Printing overview topic in the Help & How-To Center for additional details about printing returns, extensions, input screens, and more.
- Refer to Masking Confidential Tax Return Information in UltraTax CS to learn how to easily mask SSNs/PTINs, EINs, and bank account numbers in 2014 UltraTax CS. For additional details, see Masking confidential information on client tax returns in the Help & How-To Center.
- For more information about the other new features and enhancements in 2014 UltraTax CS, see What’s New in UltraTax CS.