With the mid-December 2015 release, you will be able to produce Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return, in UltraTax CS for the period July 1, 2015 thru June 30, 2016.
To prepare Form 2290, please follow the steps below:
- Create a new client by selecting File > New Client or clicking the New Client button in the toolbar to open the New Client dialog.
- In the Client ID field, enter up to 11 letters or numbers for the unique Client ID.
- Click the 2290 Heavy Vehicle Use Tax option.
- Select a preparer from the Preparer drop-down list.
- In the EIN / SSN field, enter the client’s employer identification number.
- If you’re processing this client’s return with a PRP-licensed federal application, enter the client’s authorization code in the PRP code field.
- Once you’ve created the client, access the input screens in the General and Return 2015 folders to enter the general and vehicle information.
- To electronically file the tax return, open Screen ELF15 in the Return 2015 folder, mark the File this return electronically field, and then complete the signature information and Personal Identification Number (PIN) information fields.
More information about preparing Form 2290 will be available after the mid-December release by pressing F1 from any 2290 input screen, or CTRL+Y to access the Help & How-To Center.