Beginning with tax year 2013, you can file 1041 returns using the MeF program instead of the Legacy program. There are many benefits to the new format. Below are some of the advantages of the MeF program that are now available for 1041 returns.
- Paperless system; no Form 8453-F required
- PDF files can be attached directly to the e-file
- Validation of e-file to detect errors before submission
- No IRS drain times; once you submit your electronic return, we send it to the IRS or State Taxing Authority so there is no wait time
- Faster turn-around on acknowledgements