Beginning with 2015 UltraTax/1040, several documents and enhancements have been added for the eSignature feature.
New eSignature Documents
The following eSignature documents have been added to UltraTax/1040.
- Form 114a, Record of Authorization to Electronically file FBARs
- Bank Account Verification Worksheet
- Form 8878, IRS e-file Signature Authorization for Form 4868 or Form 2350
To create eSignatures for Form 8878, complete the following steps.
- Select File > Print Extensions.
- Mark the Electronic delivery option.
- Click the eSignature option.
eSignature Reminders and Expirations
With the release of 2015 UltraTax/1040, reminder notifications and expiration dates for eSignature documents can now be configured. This feature allows you to change the frequency at which your client receives email reminders about pending eSignature documents that are available to sign.
For example, you can control the reminder frequency for the signature authorization forms (8879/8878/114a) from 18 hours to 72 hours. You can also control the number of days before a signature authorization form will expire if left unseen by the client.
To customize the reminder and expiration notices, choose Setup > 1040 Individual > Federal tab > Other Return Options > Other tab. In the eSignature section, you’ll see options for the following.
- Authorization forms (8879/8878/114a) expiration # of days
- Authorization forms (8879/8878/114a) reminder frequency
- Other (Consents, Engagement letter, etc.) reminder frequency
To customize the reminder frequency for Organizers, choose Setup > 1040 Individual > Organizer and in the Other return options section, select the desired setting in the eSignature reminder frequency (Consents and Engagement Letter) drop-down list.
- For more information on enabling the eSignature feature and details about assembling and transmitting documents, view the following information at our Help & How-To Center: eSignature overview.