North Carolina has issued a press release officially announcing the dates for the 2011 Sales Tax Holiday. This year North Carolinians can save money by purchasing items like clothing, school supplies and computers from 12:01am Friday, Aug. 5 through 11:59pm Sunday, Aug. 7.
Eligible items include:
- Clothing and footwear of $100 or less per item;
- School Supplies of $100 or less per item;
- school instructional materials of $300 or less per item;
- sports and recreational equipment of $50 or less per item;
- computers of $3,500 or less per item;
- and computer supplies of $250 or less per item will be exempt from sales tax.
Go to http://www.dor.state.nc.us/taxes/sales/salestax_holiday.html for more details on the 2011 sales tax holiday