To celebrate the launch of the new integrated Estimated Payments functionality, we are featuring the faces behind the the development of this revolutionary solution. This week, we’ll get to know Molly Delafield, Director of Product Management, ONESOURCE Income Tax. Here’s what Molly had to say:
1. How long have you been with Thomson Reuters and where are you located?
I joined Thomson Reuters in October of 2000. I am located in the Carrollton, TX office.
2. What was the most fun part of developing Estimated Payments?
We have spent a lot of time over the past two years putting this concept in front of clients. The most fun for me has been watching how excited our clients become when they see what we have developed for them.
3. Coffee or tea?
Neither! I take my caffeine cold – I am a die-hard Diet Coke fan.
4. If you had the opportunity to make one change in the tax code tomorrow – an extra credit, a disallowed deduction, whatever – what would it be?
I would require the State Of Ohio to add a surcharge in lieu of each Ohio city having their own return.
5. Biggest tax newsmaker: Obama, Bloomberg or Buffett?
6. What books are on your night stand?
The Impeachment of Abraham Lincoln; Cold: Adventures in the World’s Frozen Places; Cronkite
7. What’s the last movie that you saw (DVD or in the theatre)?
Bernie, with Jack Black in the title role. This hilarious movie is based on a true story from Crawford, Texas.
8. What college did you attend (in what subject)?
I attended Eckerd College, in St Petersburg, Florida, where I received a Bachelor of Arts degree in Cultural Anthropology. After graduation, I got hungry, and then went to Florida State University and got my Masters in Accountancy, with an emphasis in taxation.
9. If you weren’t working in the tax profession, what would your dream job be?
I want to be a Park Ranger for the National Park Service, at a park in western US. It’s all about the neat Smokey-the-Bear hat they get to wear.
Stay tuned for additional information on our developers, as well as more to come on the revolutionary Estimated Payments functionality!