If you haven’t already done so, you’ll need to provide a copy of your IRS e-file application summary before you can electronically file payroll compliance forms via Accounting CS® and Accounting CS Payroll.
Keep these things in mind:
- No action is required if you’ve already completed this process and provided documentation for UltraTax CS e-filing.
- If you have more than one EFIN number associated with your account or a second EFIN for your payroll operations, you’ll need to provide an IRS e-file application summary for each EFIN number.
- For firms with multiple accounts and multiple EFINs in use, include a reference to the Firm ID to which the EFIN pertains.
If you attempt to e-file returns in Accounting CS without submitting your e-file application summary with Thomson Reuters, you’ll receive the following message:
“Your CS Connect™ electronic filing capability is disabled. Thomson Reuters requires preparers to submit a copy of their ‘Application Summary’ from e-Services prior to e-filing. Please send the application summary to email@example.com and include your firm ID (1234) in the subject line.”
To view or print the application summary from IRS e-Services to help you resolve this error, follow these steps:
- Visit the IRS website at irs.gov and click the for Tax Pros link at the top of the page.
- Click the Access e-Services link in the left navigation pane.
- Click the Login or Register button to open the e-Services login page.
- Enter your username and password to log in.
- On the Select Organization page, select the option next to your firm’s name.
- Click the Application link.
- Click the e-File Application link.
- Click Application Summary.
- At the bottom of the application summary, click the Print Summary link.
- Create a PDF of your e-file application summary by selecting Adobe® PDF as the printer, then click Print. (This step varies depending on your browser.)
- Attach the PDF to an email message, address the email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and click Send.
Check Out These Resources for Additional Tips
How Do I Find My EFIN Number and Application Summary?
Check out the step-by-step guide to Find My EFIN Number.
How to Locate the Firm ID Number
Go here if you’re unsure of your firm ID number.
IRS.gov e-Services: Resetting Your Password
Watch this short video to learn how you can reset your password for the IRS e-Services portal and regain access to your e-file application summary.
IRS.gov e-Services: Printing Your EFIN Application Summary
Check out this video to see how to get a copy of your e-file application summary.