On March 27, 2019, the NYC Chapter of Women in Tax presented “US Tax Reform – One Year Out.” The event took place at the SUNY Global Center in New York City.
Panelists included the following individuals:
- Christa Clark, Partner, RSM
- Valerie Dickerson, Multistate Tax Washington Tax and Controversy Services Leader, Deloitte
- Eleni Lagos, Partner, Eisner Amper
- Kimberly Majure, Principal, KPMG
- Chris Migliaccio, Editor/Author, Thomson Reuters
- Melissa Tegano, Director, Andersen
- Amber Williams, Senior Manager, EY
The panel discussed the technical challenges of the new tax reform laws and their impact on businesses over the past year. What the attendees took away from this discussion was the importance of modeling, taking into consideration how the tax provisions (i.e., BEAT, GILTI, FDII) are interconnected. Companies need to review their global tax structures, keeping in mind that different tax provisions may interact in unique ways depending on a company’s facts.
Click here for more information on our BEPS research and technology solutions to address your immediate and ongoing needs.