Backed by the authority of the EBIA Compliance Library, EBIA employee benefits seminars provide intermediate-level coverage of important employee benefits topics. Learn from experienced industry leaders at seminars designed for benefits professionals: human resource and benefits managers, plan sponsors, TPAs, insurance professionals, and attorneys, accountants, and government officials who deal with employee benefits.
- CAFETERIA PLANS: Tuesday (full day)—$399 or $359 if you register by March 31. This session covers all aspects of designing and administering cafeteria plans, starting with which benefits can be offered and what types of contributions can be made. In addition to navigating the complexities of the election rules and nondiscrimination tests, we’ll dive into the logistics and legal rules governing dependent care assistance programs and health flexible spending arrangements including recent IRS guidance on health FSA carryovers.
- ERISA COMPLIANCE FOR HEALTH AND WELFARE PLANS: Wednesday (morning)—$199 or $179 if you register by March 31. Are your benefit plans ERISA-compliant? Could you be offering ERISA benefits without knowing it? We’ll clear up all the rules on which benefits are subject to ERISA, and what that means for you when it comes to plan documentation, employee disclosures, fiduciary responsibilities, third-party administration, claims and appeals processes, and reporting obligations.
- HSAs, HRAs AND CONSUMER-DRIVEN HEALTH CARE: Wednesday (afternoon)—$199 or $179 if you register by March 31. Our experts will explain the legal rules and design challenges of implementing Health Reimbursement Arrangements and workplace Health Savings Account programs in plain English, highlighting health care reform impacts and best practices. We also cover wellness programs and dive into the evolving web of laws (including HIPAA, GINA, and the ADA), guidance, and court decisions potentially impacting workplace wellness programs.
- HEALTH CARE REFORM: Thursday (full day)—$399 or $359 if you register by March 31. This comprehensive session guides you through direct and indirect impacts for employer health plans. We’ll cover not only the plan design reforms (such as the preventive care and patient protections and coverage of adult children) but also the plan administration reforms (increased disclosure, enhanced claims and appeals, and additional reporting requirements). We will review the legal rules and practical challenges faced by employers subject to the shared responsibility provisions of Code Section 4980H, including the most recent IRS guidance on affordability and minimum value.
- HIPAA PRIVACY AND SECURITY: Friday (morning)—$199 or $179 if you register by March 31. We’ll deliver the latest privacy and security developments for health plans and their business associates, focusing on the use and disclosure of protected health information (PHI), individual privacy rights, business associate contracts, security standards, and the breach notification rules. We’ll look to recent enforcement activity (and the brand new Phase II audit protocol) to guide best practices in avoiding breaches.
- COBRA COMPLIANCE FOR GROUP HEALTH PLANS: Friday (afternoon)—$199 or $179 if you register by March 31. Our experts guide you through COBRA’s requirements from start to finish: when COBRA applies, what notices are required, the logistics of COBRA elections and extensions, and calculation of COBRA premiums. We’ll also highlight health care reform impacts and special issues for health FSAs and HRAs.
- ALL FOUR DAYS / SIX TOPICS: Tuesday – Friday—$1,439 or $1,295 if you register by March 31.
LOCATIONS: The EBIA 2016 seminar series are available in Portland, OR (April 19–22); Dallas, TX (May 3–6); Minneapolis, MN (May 17–20); Chicago, IL (June 7–10); and Baltimore, MD (September 27–30).
GROUP DISCOUNT: 10% discount will apply to additional registrations for individuals from the same firm when ordered together. Offer applies to EBIA live public seminars only and cannot be used in combination with any other discount or special offer except for the early bird discount. Applicable group orders prior to the early bird deadline (now extended to March 31, 2016) will qualify for both the early bird and group discounts. To place an order for multiple attendees, call 800.950.1216.
WE’VE MOVED! Checkpoint Learning is the new home of EBIA seminars, webinars, and annual conference! Visit cl.tr.com/AttendEBIA to learn more about finding and registering for EBIA events on Checkpoint Learning.