IRS has announced that, for 2019, it will not be issuing certain forms that it issued in 2018. The obsolete forms are:
- Schedule 4 (Form 1040), Other Taxes (merged with Schedule 2)
- Schedule 5 (Form 1040), Other Payments and Refundable Credits (merged with Schedule 3)
- Schedule 6 (Form 1040), Foreign Address and Third Party Designee (merged with Forms 1040 & 1040-SR)
- Schedule C-EZ (Form 1040), Net Profit from Business (Sole Proprietorship) (Schedule C will be used)
- Form 2555-EZ, Foreign Earned Income Exclusion (Form 2555 will be used)
- Form 8965, Health Coverage Exemptions (no longer applicable to tax years after 2018)
IRS has also announced that Form 1099-H, Health Coverage Tax Credit (HCTC) Advance Payments, will be obsolete after the 2019 tax year.
Subscribe to our Checkpoint Daily Newsstand email to get all the latest tax, accounting, and audit news delivered to your inbox each weekday. It’s free!