How Did you Survive ACA Compliance Contest Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
- Eligibility: The How Did you Survive ACA Compliance Contest (“Contest”) is open to legal residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older who are invited to participate. Employees of Thomson Reuters (Tax & Accounting) Inc. (“Sponsor”) and their immediate family are not eligible to enter or win. Void where prohibited.
- Promotion Period: Contest begins on March 30, 2016 and ends at 12:00 p.m. ET on May 31, 2016 (“Promotion Period”).
- To Enter: Click on the link in the Contest email and complete the online entry form. Please tell us what kept you happy and (ACA) healthy during the reporting process? Or, what gave you the biggest headache? Submissions must be written in English and must be 750 words or less. Submissions may not include profanity or contain; may not include references that could be offensive to the general population in any respect; and may not disparage any person or entity. Submissions that do not comply with these restrictions, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, will be disqualified. Limit of one (1) entry per person. By entering, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor.
- Winner Selection: All eligible submissions will be judged by a panel of judges based on the following criteria: originality (40%); humor (30%); appropriateness to theme (30%). The five entrants with the highest scoring submissions will be deemed to be finalists. Finalists to be announced by June 15th. Each finalist’s submission will be posted online at https://taxqa.thomson.com/onesource/aca-compliance/contest/ from June 16th to August 31st. Submissions may be edited. The general public will be able to vote online for their favorite submission from all of the finalists. There is a limit of one vote per person. The finalist whose submission receives the most online votes will be the Grand Prize winner. The other four finalists will receive a Finalist Prize. Limit one prize per person.
- Prizes: (1) One Grand Prize – a Titan Pro Executive massage chair, approximate retail value: $2,999. (5) Five Finalists Prizes – Muse Headband, approximate retail value: $299. Allow 4-6 weeks for shipment of prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of address/email address. Taxes on prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- General Conditions: Entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, and their respective officers, directors, and employees, from any and all liability whatsoever for any liability for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of the prize or participation in this Contest or any Contest related activities. Except where legally prohibited, by accepting a prize a winner grants permission to Sponsor and those acting under its authority to use his/her name, image, and likeness, and statements, at any time, for advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes without additional compensation, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide and on the Internet and World Wide Web, without notice, review or approval.
- Limitations of Liability: Neither Sponsor nor its agencies are responsible for lost, illegible, late, misdirected, incomplete, mutilated, or non-delivered entries or email; or for interrupted or unavailable satellite, network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), Web site, telephone or other connections, availability or accessibility, or miscommunications, or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, or lines, or technical failure or jumbled, garbled, corrupted, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions, or computer hardware or software or telephone malfunctions, failures, or technical errors or difficulties, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information. Neither Sponsor nor its agencies are responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Web site users, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest; and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or tampering with or hacking of the Web site. Automated entries are prohibited, and any use of automated devices will cause disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with entry process or operation of Contest or Website, to be acting in violation of the terms of the Website or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to threaten, abuse or harass any other person. Sponsor is not responsible for injury or damage to participants’ or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading or copying materials from or use of Website. If, for any reason, Contest, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, hacking, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes which, in sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend Contest, and determine winner from eligible entries received prior to action taken, or as otherwise deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor. In case of dispute, authorized account subscriber of e-mail account used to enter at actual time of entry will be deemed to be the participant, and must comply with these Official Rules. The “authorized account subscriber” is deemed to be natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet Access Provider, on-line service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses.
- Governing Law: By entering, entrants agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these official rules, participant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Texas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. By entering, entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts located in New York, New York.
- Winners List: For a winners list, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Thomson Reuters (Tax & Accounting) Inc., How Did you Survive ACA Compliance Contest, 2395 Midway Road, Carrolton, TX, 75006
Sponsor: Thomson Reuters (Tax & Accounting) Inc.