The optional address-level verification utility in Accounting CS and Accounting CS Payroll provides an even higher level of precision than the ZIP Code-based verification used in the base software. Especially useful in challenging payroll states like Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Kentucky, it determines payroll tax jurisdictions by using geocoding to determine the precise location of an employee’s work and residence addresses. This is useful not only for verifying mailing addresses for employees, clients, vendors, and banks, but also for jurisdictions that use address-level tax determination.
- For employee addresses:
In the Main tab of the Employees screen in Accounting CS Payroll, use the lookup field to enter as much of the employee’s address as you know. Use commas to separate address elements. If there is an Address line 2, use a colon to separate it from Address line 1. (Address line 2 information will be displayed in the second address field, but it is not used for address verification.)
For client, vendor, and bank addresses:
In the Main tab of the Clients, Vendors, or Banks screen, click the Location Finder button and enter as much of the address as you know in the Search field of the Location Finder dialog.
- Click the button to verify the address. If the application finds a valid address that is similar to, but not the same as, the address you entered, it will display the Address Difference Found dialog. The dialog displays two panes – the Existing pane and the Suggested pane. The Address Verification button displays the accuracy level of the information in the Suggested pane.
- Click the appropriate option to specify how to handle the address information found by the application.
- Update the existing address with the suggested address. The application will replace the street address information that is currently entered in the Main tab and determine the applicable taxes based on this address.
- Use the suggested address to determine applicable taxes only. The application will use the suggested address information to determine the applicable taxes, but will leave the existing street address as it is currently displayed in the Main tab.
- Click OK. The application auto-fills the address fields in the Main tab.
For more information on purchasing Payroll Address Verification, contact your sales rep, call 800.968.8900, or contact us online.