New for 2014, we’ve added a Bank Account Verification Worksheet to individual state products that support direct deposit and electronic funds withdrawal. This worksheet notifies your clients that they have elected to receive a refund via direct deposit or to make a tax payment via electronic funds withdrawal. The worksheet displays the following primary account information:
- Name of Financial Institution
- Routing Transit Number
- Account Number
- Type of Account
To print the worksheet with instructions and a mailing slipsheet, follow the steps below:
- Choose Setup > 1040 Individual.
- On the Federal tab, click the Other Return Options button.
- Click the Other tab.
- Mark the Print Bank Account Verification checkbox.
- If the Include direct deposit/direct debit amounts checkbox is marked, then the Bank Account Verification prints with the state return even if the bank account is identical to the federal account used.
- If the Include direct deposit/direct debit amounts checkbox is not marked, then the state Bank Account Verification prints when account information differs from the federal account used, or when there is no federal direct deposit or electronic funds withdrawal activity.
Refer to Masking Confidential Tax Return Information in UltraTax CS to learn how to easily mask SSNs/PTINs, EINs, and bank account numbers in 2014 UltraTax CS. For additional details, see Masking confidential information on client tax returns in the Help & How-To Center.