You can save time by creating electronic extensions for multiple clients simultaneously using the following steps.
- Choose File > Print Extensions, and mark the Create electronic file checkbox.
Note: You cannot create an electronic file by clicking the Print Preview button on the UltraTax CS toolbar.
- Click the Clients button to create electronic files for multiple clients.
- Highlight the clients you want to e-file, and then click the Select button.
Tip: Hold the SHIFT or CTRL key on your keyboard to highlight multiple clients before you click Select.
- Click OK.
- Click the Options button, click the Extension Print Options tab, and click the appropriate extension option.
- Select OK to return to the Print Extensions dialog.
- Click the E-File button. Electronic extension returns are created for all designated client returns that did not have errors on the e-File Error Report.
Note: If the E-File Error Report shows errors are present, UltraTax CS will not create the electronic extension return until all errors are resolved. For information about resolving electronic filing extension errors and rejections, visit the E-File Help Center, click the Resolving E-File Errors icon, and select the applicable entity (1040 Individual, 1120 Corporations, etc.) from the drop-down list.
- Follow the normal procedures to transmit the returns via CS Connect, as outlined in the article Transmitting electronic returns and retrieving acknowledgments using CS Connect in our Help & How-To Center.
Read the following related articles for more information on this topic: