Taxologist Awards Recognize Tech-Related Accomplishments of Tax Departments and Professionals
Thomson Reuters has announced the finalists of the fifth annual Taxologist Awards, a program recognizing outstanding tax departments and professionals who have used tax technology to add substantial value to their organizations. The term Taxologist refers to a tax professional who excels in the use of technology to maximize the effectiveness of the tax function within his or her organization.
“The added complexity of today’s changing regulatory environment creates new challenges for corporate tax departments. Now more than ever, tax teams need professionals with the knowledge, skills and foresight to position their organizations for success,” said Piotr Marczewski, president, Corporates Customer Market, Thomson Reuters. “This year’s Taxologist finalists embody such talent, with the tax-technology proficiency necessary to thrive in today’s evolving landscape.”
Winners of the Taxologist Awards will be announced at SYNERGY 2018 — a conference for users of Thomson Reuters ONESOURCE tax technology and Thomson Reuters Checkpoint — on November 11, 2018 in Orlando, Fla.
The 2018 Taxologist Awards recognize tax technology innovators in five categories. Here are the finalists:
Taxologist of the Year – Corporate Tax Department
- Sharon A. Rosiak, Tax Technology Manager – Martin Marietta Materials, Inc.
- Rita Patel, Tax Director, Juniper Networks, Inc.
- Carmen Nielsen, Tax Process & Technology Manager – CUNA Mutual Group
- June Yoo, Senior International Tax Manager – Tupperware Brands Corporation
- Mark Robinson, Senior Tax Manager – Technology – Cox Enterprises
- Michelle Morrisroe, Tax Director – Lazard Freres & Co. LLC
- Caleb Tevis, Manager, Tax Technology & Operations – VF Corporation
- Ricardo (Rick) Gomez, Director of Tax – Skanska USA, Inc.
Taxologist of the Year – Global Corporate Tax Department
- LaShell Estes, State Income Tax Manager – WestRock Company
- Heather Brasher, Principal, Tax Accounting – Sabre Corporation
- Sandhya Edupuganty & Judy Chu, Tax Compliance and Technology Director; Tax Technology Manager – Texas Instruments Incorporated
- John Garama, Tax Manager – Research and Planning – Underwriters Laboratories Inc. (UL LLC)
- Smita Taank, Senior Tax Leader Special Projects – Tax Management – Honeywell Control Systems Ltd.
- Sam Halter, Tax Analyst – 3M Company
- Mark Staub, V.P. & Chief Tax Officer – The Chemours Company
Taxologist of the Year – Certified Implementer
- Ryan Lynch, Managing Director – Tax Automation Services – Global Tax Management, Inc.
- Pavan Gill, Senior Manager – Tax Technology and Transformation (TTT) – Ernst & Young LLP
- Christopher Spratt, Senior Manager – Tax Reporting & Advisory – Grant Thornton
Taxologist of the Year – Trust Tax Management
- Gwen Schroeder, Tax Specialist – Trust Point Inc.
Taxologist of the Year – New Customer of the Year
- Nick VanDerlyke, Senior Tax Manager – Sonepar USA
- Carl L.Cunningham, U.S. Tax Manager – Barrick Gold of North America, Inc.
To learn more information about the Taxologist Awards, visit https://tax.thomsonreuters.com/synergy/corporations/awards/.
Thomson Reuters is the world’s leading provider of news and information-based tools to professionals. Our worldwide network of journalists and specialist editors keep customers up to speed on global developments, with a particular focus on legal, regulatory and tax changes. Thomson Reuters shares are listed on the Toronto and New York Stock Exchanges. For more information on Thomson Reuters, visit tr.com and for the latest world news, reuters.com.
Public Relations Manager
+1 972 250 8556