Registration coming soon!
Welcome to Thomson Reuters SYNERGY User Conference 2022 for Corporate Tax and Trade Professionals
We're proud to announce that SYNERGY 2022 will take place November 13 – 16 in Washington, D.C. at the Gaylord National Harbor.
Our annual conference is a unique opportunity to share expertise, energize your connections, and empower your circle of influence. You can attend educational sessions and learn from industry experts — plus, you'll spend several days earning CPE credit, getting hands-on training, learning about technology updates, and being inspired by your peers and industry leaders.
A look back at 2021
For four days, attendees engaged and interacted in-person and virtually with users and tax and trade experts from across the country. With over 100 speakers, 200+ sessions, and 17 CPE credits up for grabs, attendees could truly customize their intake of information.
Outside of attending sessions and gaining additional product and thought leadership expertise, attendees heard from well-known industry leaders and immersed themselves in new technology with our keynote speakers. Our Broadcast Booth and Network allowed in-person and virtual attendees to hear live from our experts at SYNERGY on the latest tech trends, global regulatory updates, shared insights, and more.
In addition to highlighting industry expertise, our annual conference is known for its great entertainment. And the 2021 format certainly continued that tradition. Attendees enjoyed an authentic Nashville experience hearing from top local artists and listening to songs and stories from top songwriters in the country music industry.
As we look back at 2021, we can't help but look forward to 2022.
2021 Taxologist Awards
The Taxologist Awards recognize tax professionals like you who excel at using technology to maximize tax function effectiveness. This is an exclusive chance for you and/or your peers to gain professional recognition for outstanding accomplishments and to celebrate with us at SYNERGY this year.
Nominations are now closed. A panel made up of industry and Thomson Reuters specialists are currently reviewing and selecting winners for each award category which will be announced later this month.
Taxologist of the Year Award categories
- NEW! Corporate Trade Compliance Department and Key Individual Contributor (One Award): How has your trade compliance department and key individual contributor used technology to create more effective and efficient processes to help manage global trade for your organization?
- NEW! Partner of the Year (One Award): Tell us how you have demonstrated commitment to delivering innovative solutions and business results for your market and your customers through partnership with Thomson Reuters ONESOURCE suite of products.
- Cutting Edge (One Award): Tell us how you, your tax department, a team member, or an industry peer have used ONESOURCE or Checkpoint for cutting-edge process automation innovations, including: use of RPA (robotic process automation), APA (analytic process automation through Alteryx), AI (artificial intelligence), and more.
- Corporate Tax Department and Key Individual Contributor (Four Awards): Show how your tax department and a key influencer/contributor have challenged the status quo and improved the effectiveness of your tax department.
- Global/Multi-National Corporate Tax Department and Key Individual Contributor (Four Awards): How have your global or multi-national tax department and a key influencer/contributor challenged the status quo and improved the effectiveness of your tax department?
- Certified Implementer Program (One Award): Tell us how your Certified Implementer has mastered the knowledge and use of ONESOURCE™ to maximize tax function effectiveness at a corporation.
- Trust Tax Management (One Award): How has the nominated tax professional or tax department demonstrated excellence by using ONESOURCE Trust Tax Management to automate the fiduciary tax process?
- New Customer of the Year (One Award): New customers! Tell us how you, your tax department, a team member, or an industry peer have implemented ONESOURCE or Checkpoint to successfully transform their original process
You are helping outstanding Taxologists get the recognition they deserve. We will make sure of it by:
- Unveiling the winners at this year’s SYNERGY conference. Register now.
- Recognizing winners with press and social activities and providing an opportunity for them to share their best practices with the world.
Winners will be able to share the gift of networking and educational experiences with their team. They will receive two free conference passes for SYNERGY 2022, a one-year subscription to ONESOURCE University, and two exam passes for the ONESOURCE Certified User Program for themselves or a colleague.
Congratulations to the 2021 Taxologist winners!
The winners of the 2021 Taxologist Awards have been announced at the SYNERGY2021 conference.
Certified Implementer Program
- Colin Delaney – Deloitte
Corporate Tax Department
- Ari Shapiro – Vontier Corporation
- Michael Tufts – Mattel
- Michael Camp – Clarivate
- Sarajane Bonck – Hilton Grand Vacations
- Terri McDonald – Ametek
Global Corporate Tax Department
- Donna Oakes – Johnson & Johnson
- Heather Drosner – Mars Inc
- Joey Marsh – Vontier Corporation
- Rob Newlin – Informatica
New Customer of the Year
- Christine Denny and Matt Lilac – Qualcomm
Corporate Trade Compliance Department
- Shannon Bryant – Harley Davidson Motor Company
Partner of the Year
- John Kuzy – Ernst & Young LLP
Trust Tax Management
- Romaine Kocer – Dorsey & Whitney Trust Company
Thank you to our 2021 sponsors
Frequently Asked Questions
SYNERGY will take place in-person at the Gaylord Opryland Resort in Washington, D.C., November 13 – 16, 2022.
Credit Card payment is the only method of payment available and is required to complete and confirm your registration.
No, all lodging and travel fees are separate from the price of the conference and are the responsibility of the attendee.
Adult guests (over 21) are welcome to join us for certain evening events and meals.
There will be a discounted conference rate at the Gaylord Opryland. More to come once registration opens.
Thomson Reuters will follow the guidelines set out by the CDC, as well as the guidelines set by the local health authorities in the geographical location of the event. Conference attendees should review government guidance to confirm eligibility to travel and stay at the Gaylord Opryland.
The overall dress code for SYNERGY is business casual, however, we recommend casual attire for social events and receptions. We also recommend you bring additional attire if you plan to explore Washington, D.C.
If you would like to cancel your existing registration for a full refund, a written cancellation request must be submitted to SYNERGYsupport@thomsonreuters.com by September 30, 2021. No refunds will be honored after this deadline.
For additional information or assistance with registration, please contact the SYNERGY Corporates Team at SYNERGYsupport@thomsonreuters.com
Thomson Reuters Tax & Accounting Professional Software & Service is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.