- Thomson Reuters Tax & Accounting software and research solutions
- SYNERGY conference series | Thomson Reuters tax & accounting
- SYNERGY 2020 | Thomson Reuters Tax & Accounting Conference for corporations
Thank you for attending the virtual Thomson Reuters SYNERGY User Conference 2020 for corporations
We were proud to host SYNERGY 2020, our first fully virtual annual conference. We had close to 7,000 customers, and prospects register for the event from across Tax and Accounting Professionals, Corporate Tax, and Corporate Legal. Our corporate attendance broke records with more than 3,000 industry professionals.
Our annual conference is a unique opportunity to share expertise, energize your connections, and empower your circle of influence. You can attend educational sessions and learn from industry experts — plus, you'll spend several days earning CPE credit, getting hands-on training, learning about technology updates, and being inspired by your peers and industry leaders.
A look back at 2020
For four days, registrants engaged and interacted with users and tax experts from across the country. With over 50 speakers, 100 sessions, and 36 CPE credits up for grabs, attendees could truly customize their intake of information.
In addition to highlighting industry expertise, our annual conference is known for its great entertainment. And the 2020 virtual format certainly continued that tradition. Host James Corden kept everyone laughing, renowned musicians hosted an interactive virtual happy hour, four-time James Beard Award-winning Chef Andrew Zimmern explored the topic of wild foods while providing a live cooking demo, and the stars of Hamilton performed songs and answered audience questions.
As we look back at 2020, we can't help but look forward to 2021.
Access Thomson Reuters SYNERGY User Conference 2020 on-demand sessions
Attendees can access sessions and content on-demand through the SYNERGY platform through the end of 2020. The on-demand sessions and content can be accessed via the agenda navigation link. Please note that CPE credit is not available in this on-demand format.
2020 Taxologist Awards
The Taxologist Awards recognize tax professionals like you who excel at using technology to maximize tax function effectiveness. The Taxologist Awards gives you and/or your peers to gain professional recognition for outstanding accomplishments and to celebrate with us at SYNERGY this year. Thank you to everyone who participated in this year's nominations.
A panel made up of industry and Thomson Reuters specialists will review and select winners for each award category. The nomination window closed on October 7, 2020.
Taxologist of the Year Award categories
- NEW Cutting Edge (One Award): Tell us how you, your tax department, a team member, or an industry peer have used ONESOURCE or Checkpoint for cutting-edge process automation innovations, including: use of RPA (robotic process automation), APA (analytic process automation through Alteryx), AI (artificial intelligence), and more.
- Corporate Tax Department and Key Individual Contributor (Four Awards): Show how your tax department and a key influencer/contributor have challenged the status quo and improved the effectiveness of your tax department.
- Global/Multi-National Corporate Tax Department and Key Individual Contributor (Four Awards): How have your global or multi-national tax department and a key influencer/contributor challenged the status quo and improved the effectiveness of your tax department?
- Certified Implementer Program (One Award): Tell us how your Certified Implementer has mastered the knowledge and use of ONESOURCE™ to maximize tax function effectiveness at a corporation.
- Trust Tax Management (One Award): How has the nominated tax professional or tax department demonstrated excellence by using ONESOURCE Trust Tax Management to automate the fiduciary tax process?
- New Customer of the Year (One Award): New customers! Tell us how you, your tax department, a team member, or an industry peer have implemented ONESOURCE or Checkpoint to successfully transform their original process
You are helping outstanding Taxologists get the recognition they deserve. We will make sure of it by:
- Unveiling the winners at this year’s SYNERGY conference. Register now.
- Invitation to join an exclusive Future of Tax discussion during the SYNERGY conference.
- Recognizing winners with press and social activities and providing an opportunity for them to share their best practices with the world.
- Offering a chance for winners to celebrate their successes with their team members when they get home. Winners will receive a luncheon with their tax department.
Winners will be able to share the gift of networking and educational experiences with their team. They will receive two free conference passes for SYNERGY 2021, a one-year subscription to ONESOURCE University, and two exam passes for the ONESOURCE Certified User Program for themselves or a colleague.
Congratulations to the 2020 Taxologist winners!
The winners of the 2020 Taxologist Awards have been announced at the SYNERGY2020 conference.
- Tonya Cicconi – DuPont
Corporate Tax Department
- Jonathan Bentley – WestRock Company
- Anastasia Brady – Thryv
- Ryan Hayes – Wayfair
- Ari Kevelson – NRG Energy
Global Corporate Tax Department
- Francois Chadwick – Uber
- Melody Clegg – Baker Hughes
- Misty D'Amico – WEX Inc.
- Fiona Gibson – Wiley
Certified Implementer Program
- Harriet Hong – Crowe LLP
Trust Tax Management
- Patti Crain – Trust Processing Solutions
New Customer of the Year
- Angela Mortenson – Best Buy
Corden is known around the world as a Tony Award-winning performer on Broadway, a BAFTA-winning star of a UK television series, a feature film actor, and an acclaimed host, writer, and producer in several genres of television. Corden can currently be seen hosting The Late Late Show, which premiered on CBS in March 2015. During the short time since Corden took the helm, The Late Late Show has generated numerous buzzworthy viral videos (many of which have more than 1 million online views), reached series highs in viewers and earned a Critics Choice Awards nomination.
SYNERGY in Nashville
We're proud to announce that SYNERGY 2021 will take place in-person at the Gaylord Opryland Resort in Nashville, Tenn., with a virtual conference option for companies that cannot travel to Nashville. While the benefits of an in-person conference environment cannot be overstated, we're excited to offer the virtual option that allows more companies to participate.
November 7-10, 2021
Gaylord Opryland Resort
Thank you to our 2020 sponsors
For additional information or assistance with registration,
please contact SYNERGY 2020 Corporate Help Desk at 703-738-9146
Thomson Reuters Tax & Accounting Professional Software & Service is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
All complaints should be submitted to Tonya Clark, Director, ONESOURCE University for resolution. Complaints regarding content or delivery of sessions will be reviewed by SYNERGY staff and Product Management. All other complaints will be reviewed by SYNERGY staff and ONESOURCE University management. Corrections made will follow the standards that are stated in the National Association of the State Boards of Accountancy's (NASBA) CPE administration policies. All interested parties: CPA, State Board, etc. are then notified of the resolution.