- Thomson Reuters Tax & Accounting software and research solutions
- Insights | Expert tax & accounting news, analysis, tips, and more
- Preparing for the New Leases Standard webcast
|Date||June 28, 2019|
|Time||2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. EDT|
|Duration||1 hour (1 CPE Credit)*
|Products||Checkpoint Catalyst: US GAAP
The new leases standard presents a critical element in accounting for the treatment of leases, requiring, among other things, nearly all leases to be presented on the balance sheet.
Join Wayne Kerr, Principal Consultant, Tax Products – Learning at Thomson Reuters, Sonia Chopra, Live Learning Instructor/Consultant – AuditWatch, Tax Products – Learning at Thomson Reuters, and Pilar Garcia, Executive Editor, Tax Products – Editorial at Thomson Reuters, for a webcast that will provide insight into various aspects of the new leases standard.
This session is designed to provide an overview of the new lease guidance, with a focus on those provisions representing major substantive changes to financial reporting. Emphasis will be on areas such as lease definition, lease classification, balance sheet presentation, transition, lease term, lease payment, lessee accounting, implementation considerations and disclosure requirements. The discussion will include illustrative examples and demonstrations, like the use of decision tools and practice aids, that provide insight into how the practitioner can more efficiently deal with the technicalities associated with various aspects of the new standard.
After completion of this webcast, you should be able to:
- Define a lease according to the new lease standard, describe the lease accounting requirements and list the key concepts
- Summarize the implementation considerations
- Describe the recent activities of the FASB
- Describe various tools that can be used to facilitate the process of applying various aspects of the guidance to lease accounting
- Summarize the transition and disclosure requirements
Please complete the form to register for the webcast.