Frequently Asked QuestionWhen does the Taxologist Awards nomination process begin and end?
Nominations open on July 7 and close on August 31 at 12:00am (PST).What are the award categories?
The Taxologist Awards will recognize tax technology innovators in seven categories:
- Taxologist of the Year – Corporation
- Taxologist of the Year – Certified Implementer Firm
- Innovative Tax Department of the Year
- Excellence in Tax Process Transformation
- Excellence in Data Management
- Excellence in Tax Effective Supply Chain Management
- Excellence in Tax Research
Yes. Only users of Thomson Reuters ONESOURCE and Checkpoint software qualify to win the awards.Who can submit a nomination for consideration?
Tax and accounting professionals (corporations, firm advisors) can nominate themselves, their colleagues, and peers.Are application forms kept confidential?
Yes. The information on the application form will be used by Thomson Reuters and the esteemed panel of judges.Is there a cost associated with this program?
There is no cost to submit a nomination.How do I submit a nomination?
Nominations can be submitted through a secure online website: www.taxologistawards.comWho are the judges?
The awards will be reviewed by a panel of industry leaders including:
- Ralph Cunningham, managing editor of International Tax Review
- Eli J. Dicker, executive director of the Tax Executives Institute
- Brian Peccarelli, president of Tax & Accounting, Thomson Reuters
- Carol Fox, vice president of global accounts, Thomson Reuters
- Joe Harpaz, managing director of ONESOURCE, Thomson Reuters
- Lauren Kovar, director, client advisory, Thomson Reuters
One award recipient will be selected for each winning category.When are the Taxologist Awards?
Winners will be announced and recognized at the SYNERGY 2015 conference on November 10, 2015.What are the benefits?
The benefits of winning a Thomson Reuters Taxologist Award are invaluable and include:
- Winners will be announced and recognized at SYNERGY 2015
- Receive a Thomson Reuters trophy to commemorate your success
- Receive a 1-year subscription to ONESOURCE University (valued at $500 per product)
- Receive a free catered lunch for their tax department (valued at $1,500)
- Participate in promotional and press activities with Thomson Reuters partner and media channels
- Gain recognition within your own organization and community for tax industry excellence
The Taxologist of the Year – Corporation winner will receive a $10,000 donation made on their behalf to the school of their choice to further technology initiatives.